cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Steve Young against Prop 8 (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24192)

TripletDaddy 11-04-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 289304)
The impact is that schools will be teaching that gay marriage is moral, and ok. Hello?

Thanks for the update. Unlike you, I have more important things to do with my life than post on CG every day.

and like I said, the only impact Prop 8 will have is that technically, there would be no such thing as "gay marriage," only "gay civil unions." So on semantics, you are correct, a teacher could not accurately teach kids about gay marriage if Prop 8 were to pass. A teacher could still accurately teach kids about gay civil unions, adoptions, that it is ok, etc....regardless of Prop 8, so not sure what the big distinction is, other than the word "marriage."

NorCal Cat 11-04-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 289282)
lol. nice. very compelling.

Typical TD response.

Archaea 11-04-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 289312)
Right. Then why is the FP so adamantly pushing everyone to vote for traditional marriage, and directing everyone to fast for the passage of prop 8? Why don't they take a neutral stance, and simply tell us to think about the issue?

If they take a neutral stance, people will ignore it and do nothing.

scottie 11-04-2008 07:34 PM

Why don't the pro prop 8'ers point to all the evidence of how badly things have gone in Massachusetts since they began allowing gay marriages in 2003?

TripletDaddy 11-04-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottie (Post 289536)
Why don't the pro prop 8'ers point to all the evidence of how badly things have gone in Massachusetts since they began allowing gay marriages in 2003?

The Red Sox have won the world series twice. how much more proof do you need?

SoCalCoug 11-04-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 288398)
I think a few years ago he had a house in PC.

Also, anyone know the little house on the corner across the street from Will's Pit Stop, up toward Provo Canyon? He owned that house for years, and unless he sold it, he still does.

scottie 11-04-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 289539)
The Red Sox have won the world series twice. how much more proof do you need?

Don't forget the Pats and the Celtics.

TripletDaddy 11-04-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottie (Post 289551)
Don't forget the Pats and the Celtics.

The Celtics? Crap.

I am voting Yes on Prop 8.

Jeff Lebowski 11-04-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalCoug (Post 289549)
Also, anyone know the little house on the corner across the street from Will's Pit Stop, up toward Provo Canyon? He owned that house for years, and unless he sold it, he still does.

I don't think he owns it anymore.