cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Republican speakers tonight are coming out swinging (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22131)

Cali Coug 09-04-2008 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 261321)
I didn't say it did. My point was I'll take life experience 100 times over academic. You disagree ... that's fine.

Your second point is the heart of the matter. You bleive that platform/policies are more important than a candidate's qualifications. I disagree. So be it.

I'd just like to know that the guy with the key to the nukes has done more than read policy papers.

It is this kind of pointless discussion that is ruining American politics. Are you really taking the position now that Obama has no life experience outside of academics? Really? You know it isn't true. I know it isn't true. Everyone here knows it isn't true. And yet you say it, and you will continue to say it. Why? What are you trying to accomplish? Are you just hoping Tex will also jump on board and agree? That isn't hard- just say something negative about Obama and Tex will agree. Surely you don't need that kind of validation.

MikeWaters 09-04-2008 05:27 AM

Cali. we are not saying he doesn't have experience. He has plenty of experience. Writing books. Making powerful connections. Clamboring to the top of the pile. Harnessing a corrupt political machine. Running a campaign. Using soaring rhetoric. Inventing a fake voice. etc.

As far as stuff like foreign policy. We have already seen his instincts and experience when it came to the Georgia crisis.

Ma'ake 09-04-2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 261309)
(Obama's) sounds like a life that was gift-wrapped and delivered.

LOL - "OK, son, you're going to be born a biracial child of an 18 year old unmarried girl, but hang on..."

MikeWaters 09-04-2008 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KneeJerk (Post 261328)
awesome

You thought that was awesome?

Goodbye dumbass.

Cali Coug 09-04-2008 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 261329)
Cali. we are not saying he doesn't have experience. He has plenty of experience. Writing books. Making powerful connections. Clamboring to the top of the pile. Harnessing a corrupt political machine. Running a campaign. Using soaring rhetoric. Inventing a fake voice. etc.

As far as stuff like foreign policy. We have already seen his instincts and experience when it came to the Georgia crisis.

I know. It was all gift-wrapped. Clearly.

I hope you are telling some of the kids in your ward about your master plan for their success. They will all be thrilled to know it is so easy. Tell them to make sure they ask their father to leave the home right now though. That also paves the golden path.

TripletDaddy 09-04-2008 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 261331)
You thought that was awesome?

Goodbye dumbass.

as a side note, you swear an awful lot. Not sure if you have noticed that. it is weird because you also work with the youth. what is the deal with that? is it just online or is it in real life, too?

Ma'ake 09-04-2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 261329)

GWB had good credentials, no?

Much of McCain's experience is pretty unsavory.

Experience aside, Obama reveals grey matter that has been noticeably absent the past 8 years, and with McCain's temperment I'm really not worried about anyone's experience.