cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   More fallout from gay marriage spat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17055)

Taq Man 02-25-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 188826)
I think if you work for or are affliated with any of the church organizations, you are held to a higher standard than the regular members. It is the image thing. You can't have a member who has attached, member of choir, member of orchestra, works at church office building, professor at BYU, janitor at BYU, etc. who has any taint associated with them. Thus the guy who got fired for helping the poor rather than attending church. That one sounded a little funny to me. I mean who uses the , I help the poor rather than attend church excuse.

Don't all men have a taint associated with them????? Also known as a grundle, chode, or tweenis.

Goatnapper'96 02-25-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 188511)
That's a great story. You should find the actual sources and document it for your family and for others.

If their is any rallying cry to this website, it is "the church is a big tent." "You don't think anyone thinks like you, well there are actually a lot of people who do. You are not alone.

We are just one small foot soldier in a larger cultural "battle". We are not the "loyal opposition". We are merely people who would like to open discuss those things which we never have the opportunity to discuss in our day-to-day lives.

At least, that's what I aspire to. I don't have a problem with the mullahs, as long as they do not rip the stakes of zion and shrink this tent. They have no right. The small tent is their own mental creation.

From the potato fields of SE Idaho across the plains of Texas.....
From Mt Timpo to defending Nimphos
From man mad teet to man made teet

I'm proud to be a mormon where at least my tent is big
I can be a open minded dude even if I'm connected to the vine through a small twig
Cuz there is a yearning in every Mormon heart
So its time we stand and tes-ti-fy!!!!

That I'm proud to be a mormon, where at least my tent is big
I won't forget the September six and former BYU profs who prefer to ride men's dicks....

myboynoah 02-25-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 188867)
From the potato fields of SE Idaho across the plains of Texas.....
From Mt Timpo to defending Nimphos
From man mad teet to man made teet

I'm proud to be a mormon where at least my tent is big
I can be a open minded dude even if I'm connected to the vine through a small twig
Cuz there is a yearning in every Mormon heart
So its time we stand and tes-ti-fy!!!!

That I'm proud to be a mormon, where at least my tent is big
I won't forget the September six and former BYU profs who prefer to ride men's dicks....

Sung like a true foot soldier.

Excellent.

SeattleUte 02-25-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 188485)
What a sad story.

Don't worry. I think they're happier now.

Jeff Lebowski 02-25-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 188988)

Haven't you heard? We have a monopoly on happiness.

exUte 02-25-2008 08:23 PM

They were kicked out for

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 188562)
MoTab and her affiliates have to be the only musical organization in the world kicking out folks sympathetic to homosexuals. I bet there are a lot of choir members sweating it right now. Some tenors may want to give bass a shot.

being 'sympathetic'? Did you read the article?

exUte 02-25-2008 08:25 PM

Interestingly enough, the VT's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 188477)
I know this is only one side of the story, but it still seems a little bit like a witch hunt. It's interesting how arbitrary the crackdowns seem to be.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8345693

in our stake have been asked to continue to visiting teach two known lesbian couples. And they haven't been excommunicated either.

BYU71 02-25-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 189199)
in our stake have been asked to continue to visiting teach two known lesbian couples. And they haven't been excommunicated either.

That might be becaus fuzz bumping is less repulsive than stool pushing.

TripletDaddy 02-25-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 189207)
That might be becaus fuzz bumping is less repulsive than stool pushing.

A guy walks up to a gay bar to order a drink. Another guy walks up and offer to push in his stool....

exUte 02-25-2008 09:05 PM

Yeah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 188988)

You sound happier every day! :rolleyes: