cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Palestinian Right of Return (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19564)

MikeWaters 05-22-2008 01:33 PM

Netanyahu will kill thousands of palestinians. Palestinians will kill hundreds of Israelis.

This is what he wants. More war. More toughness.

And somehow, magically, because "Arabs only respond to strength", the Palestinians will beg for mercy, and there will be peace ever after.

exUte 05-22-2008 01:37 PM

The Arabs love having the Palestinians

Quote:

Originally Posted by galapagos (Post 224034)
hi, yes I am here... MudCoug, thanks for contacting me..I am israeli citizen for 8 years now and just got back from the states.
Jeff you're making a good point and an educated one. You also have to keep in mind that those palestinians that live in Jordan don't really want to come back to poverty and live under Hisballah. Those who live in Gaza strip also dont wanna live there, they'd rather go live in Egypt but guess what? Egypt DOESN'T want them! No arab country wants them. only Iran and Lebanon help them with money and why? Cos they want to destroy Israel. Iran and Lebanon do not send money for food and clothes but for weapons. I do agree that Palestine needs their own state, but these guys demand too much(Jerusalem, Haifa, Jaffo) If you will track historical documents and agreements between palestinians and israelis, palestinians always said:"LA"(means no in arabic) the consequences was that PALESTINIANS started the war and after they lost it they suffered the aftermath(less land etc). Our current political leader is weak(Olmart), if Bibi Natanyahu will become a prime minister(which I hope will happen) he'll bring back the patriotic spirit to israelis and will deal with Hisbollah the way they deserve..

as their pawns. None of the Arab countries are willing to help the Palestinians. Geez I wonder why?

Also, look at what has happened since Israel conceded the Gaza Strip. That has now become the launching point for rockets being lobbed into Israel.

Question: why should the Israeili's have to give up the spoils of the 1968 war? They won. Spoils go to the victor.

Go Israel.

MikeWaters 05-22-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 224048)
as their pawns. None of the Arab countries are willing to help the Palestinians. Geez I wonder why?

Also, look at what has happened since Israel conceded the Gaza Strip. That has now become the launching point for rockets being lobbed into Israel.

Question: why should the Israeili's have to give up the spoils of the 1968 war? They won. Spoils go to the victor.

Go Israel.

That's fine, but don't expect me to feel too sorry about Israelis dying, when they choose to continue occupation.

Indy Coug 05-22-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 224048)
Go Israel.

Go Apocalypse.

exUte 05-22-2008 01:46 PM

So don't feel sorry for the innocent

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 224049)
That's fine, but don't expect me to feel too sorry about Israelis dying, when they choose to continue occupation.

Iraqi's that are dying in their part of the world either? Palestinians/terrorists target the innocent. In the US and Israel's case, the innocent are collateral damage but not targeted. Huge difference.

BTW.......you never ansswered the question of why Israel should give back the land they won back in 1968? So they can have their enemies within arm's reach again?

Tex 05-22-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 224045)
Great to have you here, galapagos.

I suppose "demanding too much" is in the eye of the beholder. I thought what they were offered last time around (very little autonomy, swiss cheese territories, etc.) was a joke. I couldn't really blame them for saying no.

So what would you like to see happen? What is your grand vision of what you would like to see Natanyahu do?

Which last time around are you referring to?

Archaea 05-22-2008 02:42 PM

I wish they would all grow up so we could spend our time on peaceful activities. Being the lone world superpower is too burdensome and costly.

Neither party is reasonable in my lowly opinion.

MikeWaters 05-22-2008 03:10 PM

Well, the crux of the issue is that Israel is an occupying nation. History tells us that occupation of a hostile people usually does not go well.

I am not convinced that Israel can successfully occupy Palestine.

Look at the European imperial powers. Look at USSR in Afghanistan. Look at the USA right now in Afghanistan. We have overwhelming advantages in military power, we are fighting guys in caves and huts, yet we cannot control the entire country.

Diplomacy is the only answer. You can't win by force. Israelis are prepared to learn the hard way, and the sad thing is that America is encouraging this behavior.

BYU71 05-22-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 224074)
Well, the crux of the issue is that Israel is an occupying nation. History tells us that occupation of a hostile people usually does not go well.

I am not convinced that Israel can successfully occupy Palestine.

Look at the European imperial powers. Look at USSR in Afghanistan. Look at the USA right now in Afghanistan. We have overwhelming advantages in military power, we are fighting guys in caves and huts, yet we cannot control the entire country.

Diplomacy is the only answer. You can't win by force. Israelis are prepared to learn the hard way, and the sad thing is that America is encouraging this behavior.

Given enough time I think you are right. Eventually the Indians will take back the US.

MikeWaters 05-22-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 224076)
Given enough time I think you are right. Eventually the Indians will take back the US.

I didn't really want to get into it, but the other option is genocide.

And basically, that's what happened to the American Indians.