cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I've lost Gidget to Edward (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22983)

TripletDaddy 09-30-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 272166)
You guys suck.

No, you're not obsessed with vampires at all....not one little bit.....

Mormon Red Death 09-30-2008 03:15 PM

the thing that is so stupid about the twilight books is that Edward is really not that great of a boyfriend. He is controlling, manipulative and definitely a stalker.

I'm on Team Jacob..

Surfah 09-30-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 272196)
the thing that is so stupid about the twilight books is that Edward is really not that great of a boyfriend. He is controlling, manipulative and definitely a stalker.

I'm on Team Jacob..

You've read them? Tell me are you going to be camping out at the Larry H. Miller's Gateway Movie Theater with a cape and fangs for the premiere too?

Mormon Red Death 09-30-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 272341)
You've read them? Tell me are you going to be camping out at the Larry H. Miller's Gateway Movie Theater with a cape and fangs for the premiere too?

I listened to them driving to work and back. My wife loves them and dared me to at least listen to them.

Surfah 09-30-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 272356)
I listened to them driving to work and back. My wife loves them and dared me to at least listen to them.

I hope you got something out of that dare.

il Padrino Ute 09-30-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 272196)

I'm on Team Jacob..

I'm more hesitant about giving you my daughter's e-mail address.

But if you want to e-mail me comments, I'll pass them along to her and then return her comments to you.

Gidget 09-30-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 272170)
No, you're not obsessed with vampires at all....not one little bit.....

I am enjoying the books thoroughly. Obsessed isn't the word I would use at all. But you guys poke fun all you want. It's not like we all don't get geeky enjoyment out of quirky things . . . . most of you spent the weekend with Fantastic Contraption.

il Padrino Ute 10-01-2008 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 272557)
I am enjoying the books thoroughly. Obsessed isn't the word I would use at all. But you guys poke fun all you want. It's not like we all don't get geeky enjoyment out of quirky things . . . . most of you spent the weekend with Fantastic Contraption.

Ha! Not me. I spent the weekend as Ajax, Swan, Viper, Cleon and other members of The Warriors fighting their way back to Cony Island after Cyrus got shot by that punk, Luther, the head of The Rogues. It was a hard fought battle, but I made it safely back home.

Fantastic Contraption is for conference weekend.

TripletDaddy 10-01-2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 272707)
Ha! Not me. I spent the weekend as Ajax, Swan, Viper, Cleon and other members of The Warriors fighting their way back to Cony Island after Cyrus got shot by that punk, Luther, the head of The Rogues. It was a hard fought battle, but I made it safely back home.

Fantastic Contraption is for conference weekend.

Wow, impressive. One of my favorite camp movies of all time.

Or did you read the book?

Please don't tell me you were playing the video game?

il Padrino Ute 10-01-2008 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 272722)
Wow, impressive. One of my favorite camp movies of all time.

Or did you read the book?

Please don't tell me you were playing the video game?

Haven't read the book in many, many years.

I own the DVD (director's cut makes it even better), watched it (for the record, I've probably seen the film about a zillion times, including opening night at the theater in '79) and yes, I played the video game. The greatest video game in the history of the world, with the exception of Intellivision Football.

Is that any different than watching a college football game then replaying it on PS2?