cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Spam casserole (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7555)

Surfah 04-10-2007 10:43 PM

I love spam. It is a staple in Hawaii. Fried spam and eggs over rice is one of my favorite meals. I also love spam musubi.

danimal 04-11-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 72122)
I love spam. It is a staple in Hawaii. Fried spam and eggs over rice is one of my favorite meals. I also love spam musubi.

Finally a voice of reason.

YOhio 04-11-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by danimal (Post 72142)
Finally a voice of reason.

It's too bad Barbara Gordon thinks so little of your culinary preferences and she makes fun of Spam. I'm sorry you have to go through that.

BarbaraGordon 04-11-2007 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 72144)
It's too bad Barbara Gordon thinks so little of your culinary preferences and she makes fun of Spam. I'm sorry you have to go through that.

It's a tough job being the board bully, but somebody's got to do it.

il Padrino Ute 04-11-2007 02:49 AM

Quote:

My son has played football with a number of Polynesians the last few years and they brought some fried spam and eggs over rice for the entire team and families to eat after the last game of the season last year. It was awesome. I love the stuff now.

MikeWaters 04-11-2007 02:51 AM

This reminds me of when I first arrived in a very isolated part of my mission in the Pacific. My companion says we are going to eat NorMeat for dinner. I ask what that is.

"You know how spam is fake meat? NorMeat is fake spam."

It was so nasty it could only be eaten in Spaghetti. We couldn't afford Spam.

danimal 04-11-2007 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 72144)

It only confirms what I have long suspected -- underneath the innocent librarian facade is a ruthless anti-spamite.

YOhio 04-11-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danimal (Post 72190)
It only confirms what I have long suspected -- underneath the innocent librarian facade is a ruthless anti-spamite.

Terrific point. If she is serious about overcoming her anti-spamitic tendencies, she would individually apologize to each spam lover on the board for her hurtful words.

danimal 04-12-2007 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 72244)
Terrific point. If she is serious about overcoming her anti-spamitic tendencies, she would individually apologize to each spam lover on the board for her hurtful words.

Well, we're waiting...

ute4ever 04-12-2007 04:06 AM

Hijack

Speaking of spam, I've been meaning to try a lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle paté, brandy, and with a fried egg on top, and spam.