cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Why do most hardcore Marathoners (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18148)

TripletDaddy 03-31-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 203680)
LOL. OK, I'll admit it. I discriminate against orange people.

I hated these guys as a kid. Very freaky.

http://www.1halloween.net/images/cosoompa.jpg

Archaea 03-31-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Those are NOT runner's sunglasses. Those are designer sunglasses.

Sea Chicken 03-31-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 203681)
I hated these guys as a kid. Very freaky.

http://www.1halloween.net/images/cosoompa.jpg

Those are NOT runner's eyebrows. Those are designer eyebrows

Runner Coug 03-31-2008 07:31 PM

There are a couple of reasons that I can think of, the most obvious is that some runners expend so many calories during training, that they just can't eat enough to replace them.

The other is more sinister: a lot of runners just flat out don't eat. A couple of years ago, my wife was concerned that I wasn't eating enough and forced me to go to a nutritionist. It took the lady about 5 minutes to tell me that I was bordering on anorexic. I was a complete freak about what I was eating, and in the process of trying to be healthy, I was instead starving my body. It's an easy trap to fall into.

il Padrino Ute 03-31-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Fair enough. I do the same to Yankee fans.

Gotta discriminate against someone, eh? :D

TripletDaddy 03-31-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 203692)
There are a couple of reasons that I can think of, the most obvious is that some runners expend so many calories during training, that they just can't eat enough to replace them.

The other is more sinister: a lot of runners just flat out don't eat. A couple of years ago, my wife was concerned that I wasn't eating enough and forced me to go to a nutritionist. It took the lady about 5 minutes to tell me that I was bordering on anorexic. I was a complete freak about what I was eating, and in the process of trying to be healthy, I was instead starving my body. It's an easy trap to fall into.

This seems to support Rocky's initial observation.

I dont care how you slice it.....if the little dudes that win the Olympic marathon are allegedly "healthy," then I will pass on "health."

Nobody wants to look like a runner.

Runner Coug 03-31-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 203706)

That statement doesn't make any sense, since "runners" come in all shapes and sizes. If you're saying nobody wants to look emaciated, I think that goes without saying. But there are many runners who look perfectly fine: slim, toned and lean.

Archaea 03-31-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 203761)
That statement doesn't make any sense, since "runners" come in all shapes and sizes. If you're saying nobody wants to look emaciated, I think that goes without saying. But there are many runners who look perfectly fine: slim, toned and lean.

He's just projecting an excuse for being a fat, prematurely baldly typical white boy Mormon. On top of that, he has bad taste in music.

SteelBlue 03-31-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 203706)
This seems to support Rocky's initial observation.

I dont care how you slice it.....if the little dudes that win the Olympic marathon are allegedly "healthy," then I will pass on "health."

I have to disagree here. Most runners do not look emaciated. Sure, some of the world's fastest look emaciated, but you don't often meet one of the world's fastest. Most of us are just incredibly good looking, fit people with a toned sexy core. No need to hate on us.

TripletDaddy 03-31-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 203766)
I have to disagree here. Most runners do not look emaciated. Sure, some of the world's fastest look emaciated, but you don't often meet one of the world's fastest. Most of us are just incredibly good looking, fit people with a toned sexy core. No need to hate on us.

Ha. Fair, I am just jealous, I guess.

I am not talking about people who run to stay fit, along with other types of activities and exercises.

I am talking about marathoners....hard core runners. They always look emaciated.