cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How many miles do you ride a year? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7498)

SteelBlue 04-07-2007 01:16 AM

Here are my top 5 sports most likely to lead to an angry spouse:

1) Golf- The amount of money and time required to improve can leave your woman quite angry.

2) Fishing- It's done in large blocks of time, often involves the purchase of a boat, and takes up whole weekends and lots of evenings.

3) Triathlon- One has to put in an amazing amount of hours to do this right. Just ask Archaea.

4) Cycling- Takes a minimum 3 hours to get a "good" Saturday ride in. Very tempting to put in an hour or 2 in the evenings.

5) Hunting- I'll be honest, I couldn't come up with a good #5.

creekster 04-07-2007 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 71183)
Here are my top 5 sports most likely to lead to an angry spouse:

1) Golf- The amount of money and time required to improve can leave your woman quite angry.

2) Fishing- It's done in large blocks of time, often involves the purchase of a boat, and takes up whole weekends and lots of evenings.

3) Triathlon- One has to put in an amazing amount of hours to do this right. Just ask Archaea.

4) Cycling- Takes a minimum 3 hours to get a "good" Saturday ride in. Very tempting to put in an hour or 2 in the evenings.

5) Hunting- I'll be honest, I couldn't come up with a good #5.

I assume you realize that TANDEMS solve the problem for number 4?

il Padrino Ute 04-07-2007 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 71183)

Boat? Who fly fishes with a boat?

You're going about this wrong. Buy your wife a set of clubs or her own fishing rod and reel and make it a date activity. She'll eventually come around.

RC Vikings 04-07-2007 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 71063)
Lotojaclassic is now on line for the first Saturday in September. Anybody with me?

I want to do it with my bro, which means I need to do a few centuries in August, maybe even the ULCER.

Goose, do it, as well as Viking. We can all bonk together. I'm good for about 80 to 90. After that I'm suffering. I've gone about 140 but man I hurt, so it should be real fun to suffer an extra 100 miles.

I've been thinking of doing it this year. I think it fills up fast but let me ponder it for a day or two.

Archaea 04-07-2007 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 71234)
I've been thinking of doing it this year. I think it fills up fast but let me ponder it for a day or two.

Great.

My daughter is also heading to BYU I this year.

bluegoose 04-08-2007 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 71185)
I assume you realize that TANDEMS solve the problem for number 4?

How does it solve problem #4 when you have 3 small kids? If you can solve this problem for me, then I am set for life, or at least for next saturdays requisite 3-4 hour training ride.

creekster 04-08-2007 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 71322)
How does it solve problem #4 when you have 3 small kids? If you can solve this problem for me, then I am set for life, or at least for next saturdays requisite 3-4 hour training ride.

For you it will take a triple and a trailer. YOu'll have thighs the size of eric heiden if you are pulling that train all over Northern Claifornia.