cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Give me reasons for comfort friends (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24743)

il Padrino Ute 11-16-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 295373)
I'm just treating this like the next game on the schedule.

That's a good approach. It's similar to my approach - that it's 3-4 hours of relief from my dismal existence.

hyrum 11-16-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 295367)
This defense seems as weak as Bronco's first season, so a bad defeat a la TCU is a distinct possibility.

Junkie is there any reason for hope? Our offense has been sputtering, at times efficient but other times it's as if they can't walk and chew gum. It would be a treat to win this game, but I fully expect Utah to win by fourteen to twenty points and Whit will run up the score if he can to impress BCS voters. This game poses the worst scenario for BYU.

Bronco is in need of a new lesson on humility for his firesides. Think of all the members who have already been blessed by the humility fireside lesson as a result of the TCU game. That can only double. Plus the y will get a nice little check from the Utes' BCS bowl appearance.

myboynoah 11-17-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 295391)
That's a good approach. It's similar to my approach - that it's 3-4 hours of relief from my dismal existence.

Whoa. How can a life that includes Bob and Doug be dismal?

Ma'ake 11-17-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 295396)
Bronco is in need of a new lesson on humility for his firesides. Think of all the members who have already been blessed by the humility fireside lesson as a result of the TCU game.

LOL

Kyle has made some PR missteps, especially the first couple of years, but Bronco comes out with some odd quotes, like the "blessed to have been humbled", remark, to go along with Max Hall's quote before the season started, "We're a great team, all we have to do is be humble".

But whoever came up with the "Quest for Perfection" slogan & line of apparel wasn't thinking rationally, had to be on [insert your painkiller of choice here].

OrangeUte 11-18-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ma'ake (Post 295576)
Kyle has made some PR missteps].

Are you referring to an onside kick, perhaps?

il Padrino Ute 11-18-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 295569)
Whoa. How can a life that includes Bob and Doug be dismal?

My life is not what it seems.

Bob and Doug offer me hope.

LA Ute 11-19-2008 12:40 AM

Counting chickens . . .

is a very bad idea with this rivalry game, especially when the teams are so evenly matched. I think Utah has the edge, but I am not allowing myself to get very confident about this one. If we win I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the victory (and I will, big-time!).

OTOH, if we lose, that will be painful enough without making it worse by bragging up a storm even before the kickoff.

Anyone who's followed this rivalry for even the last 10 years knows that there's no sure thing. BYU is a good team and will be motivated. I'll start enjoying a win when the clock runs out and Utah is still ahead. Not until then!