cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Obama and abortion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20070)

il Padrino Ute 06-10-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 230104)
I take it then you believe abortion is not justified in cases of rape and incest.

I can accept it in those cases or if the mother's life is in danger. But I believe that it should have to be proven that those are the reasons.

Hsaru 06-10-2008 02:30 AM

I can't imagine there ever being "proceedings" to see if a baby was caused by rape or not.

I was very anti-abortion growing up, I couldn't fathom the idea of it. But as I got older I realized at the very least that it was something that wasn't going away, so I've had to come to peace with it. I agree with the others who say that it should not be an easy or short process, with professional counseling and heavily mandated health standards.

MikeWaters 06-10-2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 230112)
I can accept it in those cases or if the mother's life is in danger. But I believe that it should have to be proven that those are the reasons.

I think if you think it is murder you ought not allow it in cases of rape and incest.

il Padrino Ute 06-10-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 230138)
I think if you think it is murder you ought not allow it in cases of rape and incest.

To be consistent, I agree. I can live with my inconsistency.

Mars 06-10-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 229964)
I'm not rabidly anti-abortion. That is to say, I do not favor making it illegal.

Are you LDS?

Lost Student 06-11-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars (Post 230608)
Are you LDS?

It should be obvious from his moniker that he is not good LDS.

RedHeadGal 06-11-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Student (Post 230657)
It should be obvious from his moniker that he is not good LDS.

Is this to suggest that you can't be "good" LDS and be pro choice? I guess I have heard that sentiment from time to time but find it to be preposterous, of course.

I'm sure there have been abortion discussions here, but I haven't been privy to any of them.

il Padrino Ute 06-11-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 230733)
Is this to suggest that you can't be "good" LDS and be pro choice? I guess I have heard that sentiment from time to time but find it to be preposterous, of course.

I'm sure there have been abortion discussions here, but I haven't been privy to any of them.

They're talking about Utah Dan being a Ute fan.

Lost Student 06-11-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 230990)
They're talking about Utah Dan being a Ute fan.

This is correct; it was a TIC comment. Or mostly TIC. Or not. Just Kidding.

il Padrino Ute 06-11-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Student (Post 230999)
This is correct; it was a TIC comment. Or mostly TIC. Or not. Just Kidding.

:D

Well, we Ute fans can still play our "The Prophet is a Ute" card. As long as it's applicable, why not, ya know?