cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My Official Prediction for The U/Y game (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6322)

cougjunkie 02-01-2007 05:12 AM

Two Words: Gavin Mcgregor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

non sequitur 02-01-2007 05:30 AM

Who else thinks Jonathon Tavernari is going to eventually be a great player for this team? He just seems to have a natural feel for the game that I haven't seen in a long time from a BYU player.

cougjunkie 02-01-2007 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 57855)
Who else thinks Jonathon Tavernari is going to eventually be a great player for this team? He just seems to have a natural feel for the game that I haven't seen in a long time from a BYU player.

I agree and if he keeps playing like that against the Utes, they will grow to hate him just like Hoffa, Hansen and Cooper.

il Padrino Ute 02-01-2007 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 57857)
I agree and if he keeps playing like that against the Utes, they will grow to hate him just like Hoffa, Hansen and Cooper.

Utes will hate him for different reasons than Araujo and Cooper. Unless the kid is a complete ass like Cooper or a cheap thug like Araujo, Ute fans will only hate him if he's a great player who causes the Utes fits.

RockyBalboa 02-01-2007 05:55 AM

Honestly do U or Y fans really need an excuse to be annoyed by an opposing player? :)

Having said that,,,as much as I wanted to hate Eric Weddle, Morgan Scalley, Alex Jensen, Andre Miller, and a few others I just couldn't.

il Padrino Ute 02-01-2007 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 57864)
Honestly do U or Y fans really need an excuse to be annoyed by an opposing player? :)

Having said that,,,as much as I wanted to hate Eric Weddle, Morgan Scalley, Alex Jensen, Andre Miller, and a few others I just couldn't.

I hear you. Cameron Jensen is a great example of a Y player that I really liked, as are Ty Detmer, Devin Durrant and Chuck Cutler.

myboynoah 02-01-2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 57855)

Dare we postulate that he has "it"?

I agree with you. He appears to be a very rare find for BYU. Perhaps a rare find for anybody, that ability to positively dominate a game at the offensive end and be an impact player so early. Given how much HB hyped him, I expected the same from Cummard, which might have been unfair. That said, I really like how Cummard has progressed.

I guess overall, this is the first time in a long time where I feel the tream is getting much better as the season progresses.