cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Am I unreasonable? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13103)

woot 10-22-2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Bright (Post 139799)
Dinosaur bones.

Tools of the devil, designed to lead men astray from the true doctrines of god.

Burning Bright 10-22-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 139800)
Tools of the devil, designed to lead men astray from the true doctrines of god.

Ok, this is what I get for asking this board a serious question. Thanks a lot.

TripletDaddy 10-22-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Bright (Post 139788)
What are your thoughts? Does my opinion make sense or am I being unreasonable. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are?

My thought is that you should be way more concerned with the lack of quality of education your daughter is receiving at this charlatan institution. Pajama Day? Where is the focus on academia and theory? What about the socratic method?

If you go the museum route, may I suggest you take your children to the Museum of Sex? it is on 5th avenue in manhattan and is quite interesting. That would be far better than Pajama Day.

Burning Bright 10-22-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 139803)
My thought is that you should be way more concerned with the lack of quality of education your daughter is receiving at this charlatan institution. Pajama Day? Where is the focus on academia and theory? What about the socratic method?

If you go the museum route, may I suggest you take your children to the Museum of Sex? it is on 5th avenue in manhattan and is quite interesting. That would be far better than Pajama Day.

You're joking but I actually agree with you, in part. Where is the focus on academia? Where's the professionalism?

woot 10-22-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Bright (Post 139801)
Ok, this is what I get for asking this board a serious question. Thanks a lot.

Sorry, I just assumed you must be joking with such an absurd question.

TripletDaddy 10-22-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Bright (Post 139810)
You're joking but I actually agree with you, in part. Where is the focus on academia? Where's the professionalism?

I am not joking. It really is on 5th Avenue.

creekster 10-22-2007 10:07 PM

Let's assume, for a moment, that you're serious. In that case, I think you're over the top about this and should back off. There will be enough times that a kid will feel like the oddball out as amormon growing up without adding somethign from kindergarten as benign as pajama days. Besides, using your defintiion, why will the fact that she is wearing pjs mean she is necessarily acting as though any boy was an intimate friend? Not bloody likely in Kindergarten.

jay santos 10-22-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 139819)
Let's assume, for a moment, that you're serious. In that case, I think you're over the top about this and should back off. There will be enough times that a kid will feel like the oddball out as amormon growing up without adding somethign from kindergarten as benign as pajama days. Besides, using your defintiion, why will the fact that she is wearing pjs mean she is necessarily acting as though any boy was an intimate friend? Not bloody likely in Kindergarten.

Agree, in addition you're putting ridiculously high emphasis on modesty and weirdness to law of chastity issues and no doubt on the road to creating an awkwardness in your kids towards opposite sex and sex in general that will likely lead to lack of confidence in those areas and polarize them into becoming extremes: either sex addicts or non-sexual frigid to the point of wrecking their marriage relationships. :)

BYU71 10-22-2007 10:15 PM

Save your ammunition for when they want her to get involved in "understanding the lesbian lifestyle". Then pull her out and you won't be seen as someone who screams foul over every little thing.

Burning Bright 10-22-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 139819)

Why would my kid feel like an oddball because they're Mormon? Being LDS is awesome. Isn't it the non-mormons that feel like oddballs?