cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Jefe's ignore score tactic must have failed (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13107)

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 140708)
I cant be bothered to look for it. what is it? are you essentially banned forever? 36,000 days?

I dont get it. The times I have been suspended (which really arent that many compared to some of you reprobates), I have stated an appeal and usually receive a pretty cordial response (if any). Where does all this arguing come into play?

Oh sorry...didn't want to bother you to scroll up the thread.

There is no "getting" El Heffer. He suspended me. I appealed with an argument as to why I did not break any rules, and he then decided to suspend me for 36,ooo days. I feel sorry for his kids.

cougjunkie 10-24-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140804)

There is no "getting" El Heffer. He suspended me. I appealed with an argument as to why I did not break any rules, and he then decided to suspend me for 36,ooo days. I feel sorry for his kids.

There are always two sides to these stories, can we get a CB mod to post Norcals appeal?

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140804)

So it is kind of misleading to call it "36k+"

To be more accurate, it is "=36k"

Perhaps you can appeal it down to 25,000 days? I know Tim and BDB read appeals. Maybe they can help.

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 140829)
So it is kind of misleading to call it "36k+"

To be more accurate, it is "=36k"

No, 36K+ is not misleading, because the exact number of days is 36,524.

Jeff Lebowski 10-24-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140845)
No, 36K+ is not misleading, because the exact number of days is 36,524.

Hmmm.... Let me think here.... What is unique about that number?

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 140811)
There are always two sides to these stories, can we get a CB mod to post Norcals appeal?

LOL, oh you want the other side do you? Here it is.

Date/Time Function Violation Moderator Appeal
10/12/07 10:01pm Board Other El Jefe File an appeal
Description: Frankly, I'm just sick of having you and your attitude on this site.
Suspension: The moderator gave a 36524-day suspension associated with this penalty.

10/12/07 8:50am Board Religion El Jefe Hide Appeal
Description: Saying that Sis. Beck's talk was "a little misguided"
Comments: Please re-read the religion rule
Suspension: The moderator gave a 3-day suspension associated with this penalty.
Appeal: OK, I re-read the religion rule. I don't know how opining that Sis. Beck's talk was misguided breaks the rule. This is nonsense.

woot 10-24-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140850)
LOL, oh you want the other side do you? Here it is.

Date/Time Function Violation Moderator Appeal
10/12/07 10:01pm Board Other El Jefe File an appeal
Description: Frankly, I'm just sick of having you and your attitude on this site.
Suspension: The moderator gave a 36524-day suspension associated with this penalty.

10/12/07 8:50am Board Religion El Jefe Hide Appeal
Description: Saying that Sis. Beck's talk was "a little misguided"
Comments: Please re-read the religion rule
Suspension: The moderator gave a 3-day suspension associated with this penalty.
Appeal: OK, I re-read the religion rule. I don't know how opining that Sis. Beck's talk was misguided breaks the rule. This is nonsense.

Wow, Jefe is a small, small man.

il Padrino Ute 10-24-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 140859)
Wow, Jefe is a small, small man.

Yes he is. Here's a recent photo:

http://www.utefans.net/user_images/1...83_profile.jpg

venomous viper 10-24-2007 08:02 AM

my recent appeal

I have to tell you that I've been banned several times. I just recently appealed a suspension and Jefe DID listen, respond and DID reduce the ban from 30 days to time served, about a week. First time an appeal had worked. My case WAS strong, though. The rules are very fuzzy, and subject to mods desire. A couple mods are very loose cannons, and I told Jefe so....

BYU71 10-24-2007 01:39 PM

I always start my appeals off with something like, "this is not an appeal but an observation." Then I go on to explain why I thought my suspension was a piece of crap.

I just feel that by appealing I am admitting that they actually have rules and not general guidelines that some are allowed to interpret.

It could be a lot worse. The mods on the board are really pretty good people. Think of who he could have on their as mods.