cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Michael Reed, least dangerous receiver in football? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13949)

JohnnyLingo 11-15-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 151149)
Lingo is a true malicious racist. Seattle is a joke PC non-racist racist. I don't find either one very helpful.

It's true. I spend my weekends burning crosses on the lawns of black families.

Of course, I live in Rexburg, so there's only one black family within distance of my ten-speed.

I'm kinda starting to feel bad for them.

MikeWaters 11-15-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 151198)
It's true. I spend my weekends burning crosses on the lawns of black families.

Of course, I live in Rexburg, so there's only one black family within distance of my ten-speed.

I'm kinda starting to feel bad for them.

The funniest part is that when they wake up and find the front doorknob vaselined, they think it was purposeful instead of Lingo just checking to see if it was locked.

hammer 11-15-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 151198)
Of course, I live in Rexburg...

Are you a BYU-I student? If not, where do you work? It's been YEARS since I was there, curious what the economy is like these days outside of farming and the college.

HuskyFreeNorthwest 11-15-2007 11:21 PM

I find it funny that Reed doesn't get the same love Watkins did. I guess that is what having 2 consecutive afro-american WRs does to a program. Watkins would make Rod Wilkerson look like Jerry Rice and still beloved by Cougar fans young and pale.

Of course many of these fans are the same people who booed John Walsh consistantly, so that might say something

TheSizzle36 11-16-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest (Post 151256)
I find it funny that Reed doesn't get the same love Watkins did. I guess that is what having 2 consecutive afro-american WRs does to a program. Watkins would make Rod Wilkerson look like Jerry Rice and still beloved by Cougar fans young and pale.

Of course many of these fans are the same people who booed John Walsh consistantly, so that might say something

Come on, John Walsh lost to Utah Freaking State. No good BYU QB has ever lost a game to USU. A disgrace, Walsh deserves all the criticism he gets.

;)

jay santos 11-16-2007 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest (Post 151256)

What are you talking about? Reed is not half the receiver Watkins was.

And with Hooks, Pittman, Rigell, etc. black WR's at BYU is not a novelty.

YOhio 11-16-2007 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 151310)
What are you talking about? Reed is not half the receiver Watkins was.

And with Hooks, Pittman, Rigell, etc. black WR's at BYU is not a novelty.

I loved Hooks and Pittman. Pittmans' last game against Utah was one of my favorites. I remember walking out of RES and Pittman was jawing with a few Ute fans some time after the game was over. Hilarious.

Rigell on the other hand, made me nervous every time he touched the ball. He seemed to have a bit of a fumble problem.

il Padrino Ute 11-16-2007 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 151299)
Come on, John Walsh lost to Utah Freaking State. No good BYU QB has ever lost a game to USU. A disgrace, Walsh deserves all the criticism he gets.

;)

Steve Young lost to Utah State in 1982.

One of the most fun games I've ever seen in person in my life.