cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A few differences between Utah Co. Costco and OC Costco (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14125)

TripletDaddy 11-21-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 153291)
I had no idea that there was a Pie in Provo. Where is it?

I was talking about the one near the U campus.

It was a phony knock off, not affiliated with the vastly superior SLC original. It was right across the street from Helaman Halls. The name changed to Good Time Charlie's sometime in the 90s. I dont even know if it is still open for business these days. If you head to the game on Saturday, drive by and check it out. Maybe I will. It is only about 2 blocks from the stadium.

RockyBalboa 11-21-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 153291)
I had no idea that there was a Pie in Provo. Where is it?

I was talking about the one near the U campus.

There isn't a Pie in Provo and pretty much never has been.

Jeff Lebowski 11-21-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 153283)
Greg Olson has nothing on the biggest art fraud in the history of civilization.

Thomas Kinkade: Painter of Kitsch.

When Kinkade dies, the Muses will track him down and beat him to a pulp, all while playing harpsichords and trumpets.

Someone gave us a TK calendar as a gift. We let our children color on the squares and then threw it away a few days later.

Bless you. A man after my own heart.

cougjunkie 11-21-2007 06:06 PM

Triplet is talking aboug Pizza Pipeline, that was once Good time CHarlies. Pizza Pipeline is a knock off of The Pie.

I believe they are still in business. At Pizza Pipeline you can get a collossus pizza 64" for about 30 bucks.

Black Diamond Bay 11-21-2007 06:21 PM

Unless the AF Costco is different than the one in Orem, I think you forgot to mention that the huge liquor section is notably absent.

SteelBlue 11-21-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 153339)
There isn't a Pie in Provo and pretty much never has been.

When I lived in Helaman Halls in 88-89 there was a place called "The Pie" just across the street from our dorms and right next to the Harts gas station.

TripletDaddy 11-21-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 153478)
When I lived in Helaman Halls in 88-89 there was a place called "The Pie" just across the street from our dorms and right next to the Harts gas station.

You are correct. This is what I was talking about. I was at DT in 89 and we would go there and eat pizza and watch sportscenter at 11PM. It was nowhere near as good as the real pie. It was renamed Good Time Charlies in the 90s.

Another late night 80s haunt: Friar Tucks, which is now some bizarre greenhouse experiment, I believe.

TripletDaddy 11-21-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 153478)

You are correct. This is what I was talking about. I was at DT in 89 and we would go there and eat pizza and watch sportscenter at 11PM. It was nowhere near as good as the real pie. It was renamed Good Time Charlies in the 90s.

Another late night 80s haunt: Friar Tucks, which is now some bizarre greenhouse experiment, I believe.

FMCoug 11-21-2007 11:04 PM

You're leaving out the biggest bonus about the Orem costco. You can take your boat there and fill it up for a holiday and piss off BluePete.

il Padrino Ute 11-22-2007 01:46 AM

Why would BluePete get ticked about that? Does he own a gas station? Or does he not believe in boats?