cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What was the number one song (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18555)

il Padrino Ute 04-16-2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 209369)
A Star is Born.

A Streisand song?!?

Oh, Barbara, I am sorry.

Out of respect for you, I'll no longer call you Babs.

BarbaraGordon 04-16-2008 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 209373)
A Streisand song?!?

Oh, Barbara, I am sorry.

Out of respect for you, I'll no longer call you Babs.

I know. To make matters worse, I was born in the year of Debbie Boone. (On the other hand, I like to think that's why I so uncannily manage to light up everyone's life.)

il Padrino Ute 04-16-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 209374)
I know. To make matters worse, I was born in the year of Debbie Boone. (On the other hand, I like to think that's why I so uncannily manage to light up everyone's life.)

Well, at least Debbie Boone has the right idea about politics. Or at least I think she does.

So you've also got that going for you.

Parrot Head 04-16-2008 03:05 AM

Mine is "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder. I'm not familiar with, but I already know it has the wrong team in it.

If only I had been three years earlier, I would have had "The Streak" by Ray Stevens. I cannot believe that song was a #1.

UtahDan 04-16-2008 03:07 AM

Barbara and MRD and I were born in the part of the 70's just before disco ruined everything.

SteelBlue 04-16-2008 03:31 AM

The long and winding road by the Beatles

Surfah 04-16-2008 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 209395)
Barbara and MRD and I were born in the part of the 70's just before disco ruined everything.

Ugh. Tragedy by the Bee Gees.

Runner Coug 04-16-2008 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 209349)
What are you talking about? That is a great piece of pop. " You got abrand new pair of roller skates anmd I got abrand new key"

I must admit, I had never heard the song, so I just went and listened to it. I stand by my previous statement.

creekster 04-16-2008 03:59 AM

I think a more pertinent question would be what is the song that was number one when you turned 16. This was when you could date, drive, had the pretense of independence and your body was in the midst of hormone wars. That was the time when music was Important. Now this idea seemed very sound until I saw the song that was number one on my 16th birthday. Blechh. But for the rest of you, you should consider it.

SteelBlue 04-16-2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 209419)
I think a more pertinent question would be what is the song that was number one when you turned 16. This was when you could date, drive, had the pretense of independence and your body was in the midst of hormone wars. That was the time when music was Important. Now this idea seemed very sound until I saw the song that was number one on my 16th birthday. Blechh. But for the rest of you, you should consider it.

"On My Own" by Patti Labelle and Michael McDonald. As you said, blechh.