cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dark Knight: a chronicle (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21027)

T Blue 07-18-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuegote (Post 244322)
this is my third midnight movie this year and this one was the best. The largest crowd, the payoff was excellent and it was worth the veggieness I feel right now.

The movie was outstanding. I love Batman because there are no superpowers with these people. Just smart, crazy people doing crazy things for what they believe. Nolan does it in such a way where you might actually think it was possible to do something like this given the right circumstances

I watched the first Batman and Batman Forever before rewatching Batman Begins and it's amazing how horrible those first to movies were. Nolan's vision of Gotham/Batman is truly amazing.

Heath Ledger's performance was outstanding. That is what the Joker is supposed to be like. Not some dancing clown painting over classic artwork.

And how about his "magic trick" at the beginning. Hilarious.

The movie is dark but there was no language and the violence was more implied and not as grotesque or explicit as it could have been.

When he does his magic trick and makes the "pencil disappear" at the beginning, that was classic.

Yes the violence is very much implied, alot of it is left to the imagination as to what is actually happening, but it is happening.

I loved how they made the joker so dark and sinister, and yet he was really kind of a bumbling idiot at the same time.

I am a little concerned where they leave Mr. Dent, everyone knows that he is one of batmans greatest nemesis, and to leave us hanging, well.........

TripletDaddy 07-18-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T Blue (Post 244347)
When he does his magic trick and makes the "pencil disappear" at the beginning, that was classic.

Yes the violence is very much implied, alot of it is left to the imagination as to what is actually happening, but it is happening.

I loved how they made the joker so dark and sinister, and yet he was really kind of a bumbling idiot at the same time.

I am a little concerned where they leave Mr. Dent, everyone knows that he is one of batmans greatest nemesis, and to leave us hanging, well.........

Thanks a lot, a--hole.

post some more about the movie.

T Blue 07-18-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 244351)
Thanks a lot, a--hole.

post some more about the movie.

go screw yourself, I posted nothing about the flick that you haven't seen in the trailers.

TripletDaddy 07-18-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T Blue (Post 244357)
go screw yourself, I posted nothing about the flick that you haven't seen in the trailers.

did the trailers cover the issue that concerns you with Harvey Dent?

T Blue 07-18-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 244359)
did the trailers cover the issue that concerns you with Harvey Dent?

Sorry, I wouldn't go see it now, I have told you all about the movie and it is ruined.

My bad, go see wall-e or some other movie that some a--hole hasn't told you about.

TripletDaddy 07-18-2008 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T Blue (Post 244375)
Sorry, I wouldn't go see it now, I have told you all about the movie and it is ruined.

My bad, go see wall-e or some other movie that some a--hole hasn't told you about.

I already saw Wall-E.

Stop posting stuff about the movie characters. Post all you want about your like or dislike of the movie or whether you thought it is worth seeing.

Archaea 07-18-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 244319)
Heath Ledger is why I'm choosing not to see it.

Don't feel bad for me missing it though, as I don't.

His acting in this role is quite good, Paddy. I don't necessarily like or dislike him, but he played Joker the way it should be played.

Surfah 07-19-2008 12:49 AM

Gidget and I will post our reviews. 2 1/2 hours though. So we'll be posting our reviews at about 2 am.

ute4ever 07-19-2008 01:09 AM

The ultimate recommendation is to see it on an IMAX, since several scenes were shot with IMAX cameras.

DrumNFeather 07-19-2008 04:53 PM

Just got back from the 9:30 Am showing this morning and I have to agree, it was outstanding! It was well acted and directed and as many have mentioned, the violence was very much implied and much of that was masked (no pun intended) by the spectacular nature of the showdown scenes.

I'm definitely going to check this out in the IMAX.