cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Does a sinful person receive inspiration? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21732)

non sequitur 08-21-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 255511)
If God tells the Salmon to return to Capistrano, I am OK with that angle.

I'm pretty sure it's the swallows that return to Capistrano, but I take your point.

BYU71 08-21-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 255511)
If God tells the Salmon to return to Capistrano, I am OK with that angle.

That's great. I will use that when my dog craps on this "mullah" neighbor of mines lawn. He gets upset.

I am just going to ask him if he knows that God can inspire animals. I will tell him he might want to check into how he is living his life because I am sure God is sending him a message through Kaisa.

Tex 08-21-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 255497)
There is a notion that a person must be worthy in order to be led by the spirit.
So why would a wicked person be "inspired" to suddenly go visit person X at a crucial point in time, or do abruptly discard Plan A and go with Plan B, and other examples that we've heard time and time again?

It seems that such an individual would be all the more confused as to what is right and what is wrong, if he has God at his side (so to speak) in times of doing wrong.

No, God does not dwell in unholy temples. What santos told you is bull. That silly radio analogy was thought up by people who needed to rationalize their guilt after reveling in wickedness.

Choose the right, or God will not work in you. No exceptions.

Goatnapper'96 08-21-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 255515)
I'm pretty sure it's the swallows that return to Capistrano, but I take your point.

I should have known you were too high society for my "Dumb and Dumber" reference.

Indy Coug 08-21-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 255516)
That's great. I will use that when my dog craps on this "mullah" neighbor of mines lawn. He gets upset.

I am just going to ask him if he knows that God can inspire animals. I will tell him he might want to check into how he is living his life because I am sure God is sending him a message through Kaisa.

Tell him God inspires your dog to do it on his lawn rather than his carpet; for which he should be truly grateful.

BYU71 08-21-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 255513)
To an ant, you are God. But you don't give a crap about that ant and you never will. That ant can pray all day that you won't squash it, and that ant can have faith that you are benevolent and that you care about it, but you will never take an interest in the welfare of that ant, because it doesn't make sense that you would. So why would you assume that a God who is supposedly omnipotent would ever take an interest in your welfare? You honestly don't see the arrogance?

Maybe I missed your point and should be clear on what I said to Indy. While I don't think God answers every prayer and is interested in everything you do, I do believe he has an interest in your welfare.

I believe we are his offspring. As such, he would have an interest.

non sequitur 08-21-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 255518)
I should have known you were too high society for my "Dumb and Dumber" reference.

Dumb and Dumber? That was Verdi, right?

BYU71 08-21-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 255517)
No, God does not dwell in unholy temples. What santos told you is bull. That silly radio analogy was thought up by people who needed to rationalize their guilt after engaging wickedness.

Choose the right, or God will not work in you. No exceptions.

I don't know if God won't work in you, but I would agree that "your God" wouldn't.

SteelBlue 08-21-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 255518)

I thought it was good goat. You have a rapist wit.

non sequitur 08-21-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 255521)
Maybe I missed your point and should be clear on what I said to Indy. While I don't think God answers every prayer and is interested in everything you do, I do believe he has an interest in your welfare.

I believe we are his offspring. As such, he would have an interest.

If he does take an interest in our welfare, that would be cool. It just doesn't make sense to me why he would. If I were an omnipotent being, I think i would be bored by humans.