cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pirates don't usually kill (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25823)

MikeWaters 04-13-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 303502)
The last I read, the captain ordered all his men into a barricaded room on the ship, and they locked themselves in. The captain then surrendered himself and convinced the pirates to take just him as a hostage for ransom. They agreed, lowered themselves off the boat in the ship's lifeboat and the navy showed up. The crew "retook" the ship in the sense that nobody was on the ship when they came out.

So all the reports of a brave battle are false. Is that what you are saying?

tooblue 04-13-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 303503)

Two of the sailers 'jumped' a pirate in the engine room. One sailer stabbed the pirate in the hand. That same pirate was on the life boat with the captain and surrendered to the destroyer to get medical treatment on the hand. Soon after, the snipers shot the rest of the pirates when an AK 47 gun barrel was seen placed in the captains back ... so the various reports say. By the way they say the destroyer was towing the lifeboat.

Cali Coug 04-13-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 303503)

I am not saying one way or another. I have no idea what happened, any more than you do. I am saying only what the last report I read indicated, and yes, it said the reports of a brave battle were totally false.

MikeWaters 04-13-2009 04:36 PM

I mean, please, give me a break about the gun pointed at the captain's back. are you telling me that was the first time the captain had a gun pointed at him on the lifeboat?

I wish we could get some honesty. "We had an opportunity to kill, the President gave us the ok to kill, and we, despite pretences of negotiation, killed them."

Cali Coug 04-13-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 303505)
Two of the sailers 'jumped' a pirate in the engine room. One sailer stabbed the pirate in the hand. That same pirate was on the life boat with the captain and surrendered to the destroyer to get medical treatment on the hand. Soon after, the snipers shot the rest of the pirates when an AK 47 gun barrel was seen placed in the captains back ... so the various reports say. By the way they say the destroyer was towing the lifeboat.

The differences between the reported versions of the facts are dramatic.

tooblue 04-13-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 303511)
The differences between the reported versions of the facts are dramatic.

Those are the reports. But it is fact that Americans didn't change the game as Mike suggests -- the French did. You're Americans, blaming the French should be easy!

RedHeadGal 04-13-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 303510)
I mean, please, give me a break about the gun pointed at the captain's back. are you telling me that was the first time the captain had a gun pointed at him on the lifeboat?

I wish we could get some honesty. "We had an opportunity to kill, the President gave us the ok to kill, and we, despite pretences of negotiation, killed them."

Relax, Mike. No matter which version of facts you choose to believe in the end, I'm sure you'll be able to conclude that that whomever you choose were cowards and idiots and they did it all wrong.

tooblue 04-13-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 303519)
Relax, Mike. No matter which version of facts you choose to believe in the end, I'm sure you'll be able to conclude that that whomever you choose were cowards and idiots and they did it all wrong.

And that they likely believe the earth is 6,000 years old!

Indy Coug 04-13-2009 04:54 PM

You'd think Mike would be happy to see an instance where people owned guns and had the balls to use them in self-defense.

MikeWaters 04-13-2009 05:02 PM

I want some transparency and honesty, not the bullshit lies we are being fed.