cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The future of BYU basketball is in the hands of 2 guys (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29714)

Archaea 05-23-2016 04:35 AM

Returning to baseball.

The baseball team won out and finished in a tie for first place. They may have a difficult time earning the spot in the Regionals with such subpar pitching but the program is progressing again.

BlueK 06-15-2016 06:31 PM

The Houston transfer LJ Rose finally made his visit to BYU last weekend. Sources report now that Wichita State is also going after him, so we'll see what happens. If healthy he's going to get a lot of minutes at BYU on what will probably be a good team. Wichita State could be in rebuilding mode after losing a lot of seniors from a team that carried them the last 3-4 years.

MikeWaters 06-16-2016 04:08 PM

reported yesterday that Rose committed to BYU.

BlueK 06-16-2016 05:45 PM

This is a great get for BYU.

Archaea 06-18-2016 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 321794)
This is a great get for BYU.

May be healthy as he was during his sophomore year.

BlueK 06-21-2016 07:07 PM

Another rumor going around now about BYU about to land another transfer to use the scholarship that became available with the Chatman transfer. I haven't heard who it may be.

MikeWaters 06-21-2016 07:44 PM

Where is Chatman going? Quick search says no one knows. Hard to comprehend the decision. I can understand that he might feel he didn't get his fair share of PT last season. BUT.....

And I understand he wanted to go to law school but was told he couldn't. Would any school allow that?

Archaea 06-22-2016 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 321801)
Another rumor going around now about BYU about to land another transfer to use the scholarship that became available with the Chatman transfer. I haven't heard who it may be.

You know one of the two choices they are looking at.

BlueK 06-22-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 321803)
You know one of the two choices they are looking at.

Can you elaborate or not?

BlueK 06-22-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 321802)
Where is Chatman going? Quick search says no one knows. Hard to comprehend the decision. I can understand that he might feel he didn't get his fair share of PT last season. BUT.....

And I understand he wanted to go to law school but was told he couldn't. Would any school allow that?

I saw someone posted a link the other day to an article about a Baylor women's hoops player who goes to law school there. Who knows. Maybe he's looking for a school who can accommodate his desire to do both, or maybe he's thinking about dropping basketball and just looking at law school at BYU or somewhere else.