cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Race Calendars? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16973)

Archaea 02-21-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 187697)
Let me re-iterate, the only thing pulling my sorry but alarmingly large rear up the mountains in the LOTOJA will be my Ford Pickup (with bike rack) which I will use to ferry your extra bikes and wheels and parts and soigneurs (only Arch will bring one, is my guess).

All kidding aside, I would like to sag wagon for you guys, assuming you need it, and again all kidding aside, I am not anywhere near where I need to be to try to ride the thing. I will seriously check with the spousal calendar and clear those dates (I hope). But, and I say this with my most stentorian Orson Welles voice, if I make this trip, Bluegoose better be there too.

BTW, the truck is great fopr sagging. It has a water tight and lockable shell and can cary 3-4 bikes with ease inside all locked up and protected. It is a full crew cab (but buckets in front) so it carries 5 comfrontably, as long as the guy in the middle in back isn't a whiner.

We need the support as riders must provide their own support.

SteelBlue 02-21-2008 10:02 PM

As I tried to put my calendar together for the year nearly every event was met with: "your son has a big meet that weekend". I have given up on any kind of a monthly race out of town. As it stands my calendar looks like this:

March: Lots of training

April 12th: Pear Blossom Run. Medford, OR

May 31: Newport OR Marathon (this depends on how I feel over the next few weeks. If I stay this slow then I'll probably skip this one).

June: Lots of swim meets so no running for me.

July: Redding, CA "Run through the trees" series. A weekly 4-5 miler @ 7pm. Tends to be hot as hell with temps often at or above 100.

August: Swim meets for the kids. Season ends in early Aug. so perhaps I can find something to run in this month.

Sept: Open

Oct: Open

Nov: Redding Turkey Trot T-Giving day.

Dec: Open

bigpiney 02-21-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 187686)
Perhaps go and kick some Bronco butt in the football team's annual triathlon??? Its an open invite now, from what I understand, if you can figure out what the actual date is going to be.

I did it 2 years ago. One of the hardest things I have ever done. The mile swim wasn't bad but then riding over to the stadium and then running up every stairway in between sections was rough. I think I was climbing stairs for close to an hour. Then hop on a bike and do the rest. It was brutal.

I think I finished around 8th or 10th. Behind bronco, but in front of all the players. I would like to to it again sometime, but I don't think my brother would want to participate. He is looking for something easy.

Venkman 02-23-2008 02:36 AM

Ogden Marathon in May
Provo River half marathon in August
Either St. George or Top of Utah Marathon in the fall.