cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Vanderbilt a contrast to BYU, classy. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7222)

MikeWaters 03-25-2007 01:54 AM

Hmm, I still don't believe it. I still don't think SU can play a lick of basketball.

You know some guys post and there is something about what they say that indicates a complete lack of experience. That is SU.

I just still can't believe it.

jay santos 03-25-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 67407)
Here's what transpired when someone from the press told Vanderbilt's coach Georgetown's Jeff Green may have travelled on that last shot:

"Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings refused to ruin Green's big moment.

'I'm certainly not going to take away from the dignity of this game,'' Stallings said. ''I haven't seen the replay. Don't care to. He made a great shot.'''

Contrast this with all the snivelling from BYU folks over seeds, ref calls and conspiracies that went on for days and days after the Xavier game.

I can see BYU's coach doing a similar thing. I can also see Vandy's fans whining the same as BYU's. I know Ute fans do because you all come over to BYU boards to whine after losses.

I'll whine about seeds and rankings but I'll rarely whine about referee calls after a loss.

jay santos 03-25-2007 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 67457)

That's how it works, except, apparently, in the Utah-BYU football game this past season.

You'll have to explain this one. Did the ref's job Utah in that game?

cougjunkie 03-25-2007 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 67499)
You'll have to explain this one. Did the ref's job Utah in that game?

Of course they did i have been hearing about the phantom PI calls for the past 5 months.

All-American 03-25-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 67505)
Of course they did i have been hearing about the phantom PI calls for the past 5 months.

Speaking of phantoms, who was guarding Johnny Harline on the last play? Maybe they should have worried about THAT instead of the refs.

Not that guarding Johnny Harline would have helped much, as Weddle could attest to from Harline's OTHER touchdown of the quarter.

SeattleUte 03-25-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 67493)
Hmm, I still don't believe it. I still don't think SU can play a lick of basketball.

You know some guys post and there is something about what they say that indicates a complete lack of experience. That is SU.

I just still can't believe it.

I bet I could beat you at horse TODAY.

RockyBalboa 03-25-2007 09:30 PM

I'll take a horse bet anytime you're down here and you name the $$ amount.

Indy Coug 03-27-2007 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 67407)
Here's what transpired when someone from the press told Vanderbilt's coach Georgetown's Jeff Green may have travelled on that last shot:

"Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings refused to ruin Green's big moment.

'I'm certainly not going to take away from the dignity of this game,'' Stallings said. ''I haven't seen the replay. Don't care to. He made a great shot.'''

Contrast this with all the snivelling from BYU folks over seeds, ref calls and conspiracies that went on for days and days after the Xavier game.

Yet another mindless post. Did Dave Rose make any complaints to the media?

Have you properly sampled Vanderbilt fan reaction to see if they're towing the party line from their head coach? Get back to me when you do. Thanks in advance.

Detroitdad 03-27-2007 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 67537)
I bet I could beat you at horse TODAY.

Why stop at horse? Why not a little one on one?

il Padrino Ute 03-27-2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 67836)
Why stop at horse? Why not a little one on one?

I've always felt that horse is what guys play who can't play basketball. Sure, they can make trick shots, but fundamental basketball is what wins games.

It's like a "pure shooter" is a guy who can't play defense.