cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I wonder why Mississippians are so fat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24186)

FarrahWaters 11-03-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 288608)
This is outrageous. We had a better ratio, but only 1 out of 3 or 4 houses was open.

It's time to put the "trick" back into this holiday.

Oh, and you can send all the fatties up here next summer from some deep-fried Oreos.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_SZmqPqdR5Qg/...g+the+menu.JPG

Deep-fried oreos? That's nothing. We had chicken fried bacon here at the fair this year.

BarbaraGordon 11-03-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 288629)
wwmwd?

He would have billed the kid's parents for the pizza.

Solon 11-03-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 288640)
Deep-fried oreos? That's nothing. We had chicken fried bacon here at the fair this year.

Wow. Deep-fried bacon.

I should have known, since Texas is supposed to have five of America's ten fattest cities .

SeattleUte 11-03-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 288517)
A rather generously-sized girl at my son's birthday party ate ten slices of pizza, two pieces of cake, and three dr. peppers. I was flabbergasted.

The way I see it it's like her parents are turning her into a hopeless nicotene addict at an early age when that stuff is getting hard wired. She will also have a much harder time finding love. Obese people tend to live hard, short, brutish lives in our society. The thing I've seen is it's possible to make them like healthy foods better.

FarrahWaters 11-03-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 288660)
Wow. Deep-fried bacon.

I should have known, since Texas is supposed to have five of America's ten fattest cities .

When I first moved to Texas (Houston), some friends took us out to eat. We were supposed to pick a meat and two vegetable sides. Every single vegetable on there was a deep fried-- corn on the cob, okra, green beans, potatoes. It was a little bit of a culture shock for me.

Jeff Lebowski 11-03-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 288807)
When I first moved to Texas (Houston), some friends took us out to eat. We were supposed to pick a meat and two vegetable sides. Every single vegetable on there was a deep fried-- corn on the cob, okra, green beans, potatoes. It was a little bit of a culture shock for me.

Yes. Some of these folks consider french fries a vegetable.

creekster 11-03-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 288810)
Yes. Some of these folks consider french fries a vegetable.

Only if fried in vegetable oil.

TripletDaddy 11-03-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 288807)

We were at a client lunch in Houston and the client asked for dessert. I asked the server if they had anything light...I was thinking sorbet or a fruit platter. The server suggested cheesecake because that was the only dessert they had that wasnt coated in chocolate or caramel. The slice of cheesecake must have weighed one pound. He also mentioned creme brulee.

I wound up skipping dessert.

People in Texas have a unique outlook on healthy eating.

FMCoug 11-04-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 288660)
Wow. Deep-fried bacon.

The Texas state fair has a long and storied tradition of one-upping itself in coming up with the newest trends of "fair food". Deep fried something or other new every year.

Corn dogs were invented there by the way. Down right health food compared to some of the later entrants.