cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Modern day apostacy - how would we know? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18641)

Mormon Red Death 04-18-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 210559)
You are right. There can only be 3 members of the CG mullah Godhead. Tex, IC, and JL.

I like to think of them as the mullah triumvriate

Spaz 04-18-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

You are right. There can only be 3 members of the CG mullah Godhead. Tex, IC, and JL.

Just curious how I got to the point of being labeled a 'mullah'. Sure, I agree with much of what those three post, but I don't think I've ever condemned anyone to an eternity of hellfire & brimstone lately....

Not since my return from my mission, and telling my family they were all going to hell. I attribute that to post-mission weirdness.

Indy Coug 04-18-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 210564)
I like to think of them as the mullah triumvriate

What is the most mullah-ish post I've ever made on this site? I'm curious what people come up with.

MikeWaters 04-18-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaz (Post 210565)
Just curious how I got to the point of being labeled a 'mullah'. Sure, I agree with much of what those three post

QED

Spaz 04-18-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 210563)
I heard a statistic that something like 30-40% of the ordinances in the temple are wasteful repeats. Because of historically poor record keeping of geneaology in the church. I think they are trying to change that.

Wouldn't surprise me. With a few hundred thousand people doing genealogy work, it's fairly unlikely to expect none of them to overlap along the way.

Goatnapper'96 04-18-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 210563)
I heard a statistic that something like 30-40% of the ordinances in the temple are wasteful repeats. Because of historically poor record keeping of geneaology in the church. I think they are trying to change that.

Like most service rendered, the true point of giving service is for ourselves. While mortal shortcomings don't absolve us from seeking to be more effecient as we build the Kingdom of God, I sure as hell ain't losing any sleep over it and usually use the Church Audit Report to find out who is offended on Cougarguard that some lady from the mormon church spoke on the traditional position of the wife as the primary caretaker of children in the home.

Spaz 04-18-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 210567)
QED

So having mostly orthodox beliefs makes me a mullah? I'll take the moniker proudly in that case.

And here I thought 'mullah' referred to those who 'blindly follow' and 'judge others'...

Mormon Red Death 04-18-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 210566)
What is the most mullah-ish post I've ever made on this site? I'm curious what people come up with.

I was actually just kidding... I don't really pay attention to who is mullah and who isn't. I was just trying to make a funny

Please don't sue me for defamation

Tex 04-18-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 210562)
Lingo, apparently, has taken the last train to the coast, so is no longer here.

The Day the Priesthood Died.

Quote:

Mullah ... that funny little term that everyone uses and no one can define.

I know what an apostate is, though.

Goatnapper'96 04-18-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 210575)
The Day the Priesthood Died.

Mullah ... that funny little term that everyone uses and no one can define.

I know what an apostate is, though.

If I am not mistaken isn't Mullah with reference to Muslim Mullahs who have the responsibility within certain sects of maintaining the purity of the faith?

Tex, you take that responsibility with great glee. You were not invited here and your frequently stated purpose is to antagonize and argue with those you think have heretical interpretations of LDS doctrine/theology.