cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other College Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Walton has been reinstated (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16641)

Archaea 02-08-2008 04:37 PM

Smails who speculated should be eating ....

Mullahs never admit they are wrong.

BYU71 02-08-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 183111)
Jesus flip-flopped? I'm ok with that.

I'd love to bite on that one Mike. Today though is hit and miss day. Can't get into any real lenghty bull shit discussions.

Venkman 02-08-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 183062)
Neither of those was/is my position. I just don't think they should've taken it public.

I'm with Lebowski and 71 on this. The bishop and SP misused their authority. I don't think the university would have got involved if the dad hadn't made it public. Instead of the going the traditional "thank you sir may I have another" route we as Mormons sometimes take he stood up for his son and was vindicated. Now we can rest easy knowing his son wasn't having sex.

MikeWaters 02-08-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkman (Post 183128)
I'm with Lebowski and 71 on this. The bishop and SP misused their authority. I don't think the university would have got involved if the dad hadn't made it public. Instead of the going the traditional "thank you sir may I have another" route we as Mormons sometimes take he stood up for his son and was vindicated. Now we can rest easy knowing his son wasn't having sex.

according to the article it has already gone up to the stake president, the university president, and an apostle (before the article was published).

I think the only way to read this is that due to the publicity, there was an about face from someone, not sure who though. Could have been the bishop, stake president, university president, apostle, or Jesus.

Goatnapper'96 02-08-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 183132)
according to the article it has already gone up to the stake president, the university president, and an apostle (before the article was published).

I think the only way to read this is that due to the publicity, there was an about face from someone, not sure who though. Could have been the bishop, stake president, university president, apostle, or Jesus.

IIRC, Jesus is not the top of the COC...in fact if I really understand the COC there really is no top. Perhaps the veto decision was made at echelons above Jesus and by the college world series Kent might be back on the sidelines.

Tex 02-08-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 183134)
IIRC, Jesus is not the top of the COC...in fact if I really understand the COC there really is no top. Perhaps the veto decision was made at echelons above Jesus and by the college world series Kent might be back on the sidelines.

I agree. Jesus doesn't get involved in these matters. Heck, half the time he lets the prophets just do whatever the hell they want, why not a bishop?

BYU71 02-08-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 183136)
I agree. Jesus doesn't get involved in these matters. Heck, half the time he lets the prophets just do whatever the hell they want, why not a bishop?

Good to know we can agree on somethings Tex.

Archaea 02-08-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 183150)
Good to know we can agree on somethings Tex.

After all these posts, Tex has finally learned a thing or two from us mainstream Mormons.

BYU71 02-08-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 183158)
After all these posts, Tex has finally learned a thing or two from us mainstream Mormons.

I really think the Huck campaign has been helpful to many members in the church. They have looked in the mirror and see Huck looking back at them.

They don't like what they see and are toning things down a bit.

Tex 02-08-2008 05:37 PM

I weight quite a bit less than Huckabee.