cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   It is a thrill to see a wolf (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12578)

MikeWaters 10-10-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 134324)
I understand it pays them only for FMV of the cow. I believe the FMV is what it would be sold for if it was sold for beef. Usually cows only go to slaughter when they are no longer good for reproducing. If a wolf eats a 3 year old the real cost to that rancher is a lot higher than the FMV for sending that cow to slaughter as the rancher loses 6-9 years of offspring.

Price of doing business. Who pays the doctor when the patient can't pay?

MikeWaters 10-10-2007 09:31 PM

Plus wolves only kill the old, sick, and young.

Goatnapper'96 10-10-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 134328)
Price of doing business. Who pays the doctor when the patient can't pay?

Don't you have the right to send it to collections?

I am not arguing with God for wolves existing, I am just advocating that ranchers should have the right to protect their assets. Them using firearms and thus a distinct tactical and technological advantage does not bother me. In the telecommunications industry we put ratt poison in fiber huts to kill off mice and prevent them from pissing on our electronics.

Most ranchers I know would not advocate you providing services for free. That is not being a doctor that is like being a wife.......

Goatnapper'96 10-10-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 134329)
Plus wolves only kill the old, sick, and young.

They also recognize the change in terrain and come to a screeching halt the moment they exit Yellowstone National Park and turn right around and return to their safe haven.

MikeWaters 10-10-2007 09:59 PM

And I have a right to defend the wolves from the rancher defending his beef.

Goatnapper'96 10-10-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 134338)

Why not the ratts as well?

Archaea 10-10-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 134338)

Wolves don't eat healthy cattle; that's bunk. Now Cougars, they're scum and I say this after reading a master's thesis on the subject. Perhaps somebody has debunked what I read, but it seemed very persuasive and consistent with my experience. Cougars kill for fun, wolves do not.

Jeff Lebowski 10-10-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 134350)
Wolves don't eat healthy cattle; that's bunk. Now Cougars, they're scum and I say this after reading a master's thesis on the subject. Perhaps somebody has debunked what I read, but it seemed very persuasive and consistent with my experience. Cougars kill for fun, wolves do not.

??

You think a starving wolf is going to pass up a healthy heifer and just wait around until a sick one comes by?

SeattleUte 10-11-2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 134350)

catgynist.

MikeWaters 10-11-2007 04:01 AM

I shoot the guy shooting the cougar too.