cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What was the number one song (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18555)

SteelBlue 04-16-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 209414)
I must admit, I had never heard the song, so I just went and listened to it. I stand by my previous statement.

If you saw Boogie Nights you'd never utter such a statement.

il Padrino Ute 04-16-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 209419)
I think a more pertinent question would be what is the song that was number one when you turned 16. This was when you could date, drive, had the pretense of independence and your body was in the midst of hormone wars. That was the time when music was Important. Now this idea seemed very sound until I saw the song that was number one on my 16th birthday. Blechh. But for the rest of you, you should consider it.

So? What was the song?

When I turned 16, the #1 song was Coming Up by Paul McCartney - the live version from Glasgow.

That particular song is one in which McCartney played all the musical instruments when he recorded it in studio for his album.

creekster 04-16-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 209437)
So? What was the song?

When I turned 16, the #1 song was Coming Up by Paul McCartney - the live version from Glasgow.

That particular song is one in which McCartney played all the musical instruments when he recorded it in studio for his album.

Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor.

That hurt to admit. I don't even know what it sounds like but I ma pretty sure I don't like it.

Runner Coug 04-16-2008 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 209419)
I think a more pertinent question would be what is the song that was number one when you turned 16.

Faith, by George Michael. I have no feelings about that one either way.

il Padrino Ute 04-16-2008 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 209449)

I do.

That song sucks.

il Padrino Ute 04-16-2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 209443)

That hurt to admit. I don't even know what it sounds like but I ma pretty sure I don't like it.

The title sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't ever remember ever hearing it.

creekster 04-16-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 209449)

I think Melanie is better.

RC Vikings 04-16-2008 04:24 AM

"The Battle of New Orleans" by Johnny Horton.

I've never even heard the song and vaguely heard of Johnny Horton. I want a do over.

RC Vikings 04-16-2008 04:27 AM

"Love will Keep us together" The Captain and Tennille

This is what it was when I turned sixteen. This just keeps getting worse.

il Padrino Ute 04-16-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 209443)

Ok, I looked for it on youtube. I do know the song. It's better than Faith by George Michael.

In honor of you, creekster, here it is for all to enjoy: