cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Men on a mission calender creater is ex-communicated and has his BYU diploma yanked.. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23751)

BlueHair 10-17-2008 09:02 PM

I haven't seen the calendar. Are the dudes naked?

creekster 10-17-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueHair (Post 280820)
I haven't seen the calendar. Are the dudes naked?

Why do you ask?

RockyBalboa 10-17-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 280821)
why do you ask?

lol!

BlueHair 10-17-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 280821)
Why do you ask?

Because I might want to check it out if they are.

Jeff Lebowski 10-17-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 280809)
I consider anti-intellectualism, anti-artistic expression, anti-academic freedom, anti-free speech, anti-gay bigotry, at a place that fraudulently calls itself a "university," to be the sister of violent racism. Shame on you for understating this immoral act. Don't forget this is the same organization that banned statues of Rodin, and hosted Mark E. Peterson's 1954 speech.

You just can't help yourself, can you? In case after case like this where BYU or the church do something stupid, you rush in with your over-the-top, silly hyperbole and, voila', people who would otherwise engage in a thoughtful discussion of the topic end up defending the institution from your outrageous characterizations. You are the king of thread hijacks.

Sometimes less is more, brother.

il Padrino Ute 10-17-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 280775)
Serious question. Did Utah law school yank Ted Bundy's law degree? This is a whole new thought for me.

I may be wrong, but didn't Bundy drop out of law school to pursue his career of serial murder?

Flystripper 10-17-2008 09:27 PM

Sometime BYU embarrasses me. This is one of those times. I am glad my profession values a degree from BYU and things like this go unnoticed.

TripletDaddy 10-17-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 280839)
I may be wrong, but didn't Bundy drop out of law school to pursue his career of serial murder?

his pic is still in his normal law school class picture in the halls of the U law school.

SeattleUte 10-17-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 280829)
You just can't help yourself, can you? In case after case like this where BYU or the church do something stupid, you rush in with your over-the-top, silly hyperbole and, voila', people who would otherwise engage in a thoughtful discussion of the topic end up defending the institution from your outrageous characterizations. You are the king of thread hijacks.

Sometimes less is more, brother.

Is this a close or debatable question?

SeattleUte 10-17-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 280843)
his pic is still in his normal law school class picture in the halls of the U law school.

Wikipedia says he dropped out. I wonder if University of Washington has yanked his B.A.