cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Gas prices (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24069)

pelagius 10-29-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 285829)
My sister in law is from Ohio...small town called Medina. They get all bent out of shape if you dont pronounce it Muh-DIE-nuh.

Anyway, when we went out there for the wedding, we spent the entire week....wedding party, rehearsal dinner, etc..the first day we all went to Cedar Point. The next day we drove down to Canton to check out the HOF.
By the third day we had nothing to do. My sister-in-law's mom went into the garage and brought back some glass jars. She told us to go outside and catch fireflies. She was being serious.

I have never been back to Medina.

Makes my blood boil. Its like they don't even live here. The best place to visit in all of Ohio is "The Wonderful World of Rubber" in Akron. Oh, the missed opportunities.

TripletDaddy 10-29-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 285841)
Makes my blood boil. Its like they don't even live here. The best place to visit in all of Ohio is "The Wonderful World of Rubber" in Akron. Oh, the missed opportunities.

They also took us to The Flats. They were so excited because they said it would be like "going out in LA."

I dont remember ever taking a barge across a lake to go out anywhere in Los Angeles.

YOhio 10-29-2008 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 285841)

Tell me about it. He could have also visited the park in Columbus where all the bushes are shaped to look like French people.

pelagius 10-29-2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 285846)
Tell me about it. He could have also visited the park in Columbus where all the bushes are shaped to look like French people.

I know, it makes you feel like your caught in a painting.

pelagius 10-29-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 285843)
They also took us to The Flats. They were so excited because they said it would be like "going out in LA."

I dont remember ever taking a barge across a lake to go out anywhere in Los Angeles.

Well if you went to the Flats then why didn't you go to the Rock n Roll HoF? Its charming in a vapid and Kitschy sort of way

il Padrino Ute 10-29-2008 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 285855)
Well if you went to the Flats then why didn't you go to the Rock n Roll HoF? Its charming in a vapid and Kitschy sort of way

And if you're going to be in the Cleveland area, you may as well visit Kirkland too.

TripletDaddy 10-29-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelagius (Post 285855)

I dont even think it was even built when he got married. it was in 92 or 93.

TripletDaddy 10-29-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 285857)
And if you're going to be in the Cleveland area, you may as well visit Kirkland too.

Nobody in my family is LDS.

I think they were having enough culture shock just being around Cleveland.

pelagius 10-29-2008 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 285858)
I dont even think it was even built when he got married. it was in 92 or 93.

That sounds right. Did the football HoF have that weird rotating movie theatre thing back then?

il Padrino Ute 10-29-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 285859)
Nobody in my family is LDS.

I think they were having enough culture shock just being around Cleveland.

That's ok. The Kirkland Temple is a part of the RLDS or do they call themselves the Community of Christ?

To make your family more at ease, you could have gone to Cincy and found the hill where the skater dude from SoCal raced Jack Black and his friends in the movie Airborne. Perhaps southern Ohio would have been better, eh?