cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Utah will have to play its best game of the season (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24245)

TripletDaddy 11-03-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 288508)
Thus sayeth Rocky. How about we just let them play in four days? I understand why you all think TCU is invincible. I'm waiting to see what happens when they play the Utes.

I noticed you didnt fire up your usual "common opponents" drivel after the Ute New Mexico game. In fact, you have been conspicuously silent on the entire matter.

SeattleUte 11-03-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 288513)
I noticed you didnt fire up your usual "common opponents" drivel after the Ute New Mexico game. In fact, you have been conspicuously silent on the entire matter.

New Mexico has had our number for decades. I've said that in another thread. But how about this for common opponents? New Mexico beat Arizona by 8, USC beat Arizona by 7.

TripletDaddy 11-03-2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 288516)
New Mexico has had our number for decades. I've said that in another thread. But how about this for common opponents? New Mexico beat Arizona by 8, USC beat Arizona by 7.

USC was resting up for the final stretch of the season.

ute4ever 11-03-2008 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 288072)
Utah will have to play its best game of the season to defeat TCU

Ditto for TCU

cougjunkie 11-03-2008 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 288546)
Ditto for TCU

I cant imagine TCU playing better than it did against BYU. I truly mean that. Of course TCU could have played half the game it did against BYU and still won.

ute4ever 11-03-2008 04:40 AM

Yeah but all things considered, BYU fan or not, Utah's defense is better than BYU's. Utah may not have back to back shutouts under their belt, but their defense is much better.

Plus the change of venue will play a factor.

cougjunkie 11-03-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 288566)
Yeah but all things considered, BYU fan or not, Utah's defense is better than BYU's. Utah may not have back to back shutouts under their belt, but their defense is much better.

Plus the change of venue will play a factor.

I agree 100%, however I still think Utahs offense is going to be their downfall one of these games.

SeattleUte 11-03-2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 288579)
I agree 100%, however I still think Utahs offense is going to be their downfall one of these games.

Utah has a crappy offense? At least until yesterday Utah was leading the MWC in scoring. Even now, Utah is averaging 36.1 ppg, BYU 35.8, Utah is 405 TO, BYU 448. And Utah has played a tougher schedule. I think part of what's going on here is unreasonable expectations. Flattering but unreasonable.

ute4ever 11-03-2008 05:27 AM

I think what CJ was going for was Utah's stupid turnovers. Presently TCU is +11 while Utah is only +1. Plus although BJ is a senior, he has shown that when he gets rattled, he stays rattled.

As girly as this sounds: since TCU's red zone defense is a monster, get within the 35 seven times and Louie will give them 21 points.

Mormon Red Death 11-03-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 288508)
Thus sayeth Rocky. How about we just let them play in four days? I understand why you all think TCU is invincible. I'm waiting to see what happens when they play the Utes.

I don't understand what you are saying... We shouldn't analyze the game because they play in 4 days??