cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rat chews off nose of baby (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6889)

myboynoah 03-06-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 64294)
I understand that some people hypothecise that these sick buildings like the legionaire's disease problem come from rats, sometimes dead and decaying. I've been told that new highrises often are built around rats that get trapped and die sometimes creating health issues.

Thank you. We haven't felt well for a while.

Surfah 03-06-2007 04:16 PM

I hate rats. I have seen some monster ones in Hawaii. The only rat I have ever been partial to was Splinter.

MikeWaters 03-06-2007 04:26 PM

The Kombai tribe in New Guinea uses dogs to find rat holes in the jungle. Then they trap them, kill them, and eat them.

In Micronesia, they don't eat cats and rats. Pretty much everything else is fair game.

But given the lack of protein for some of them, maybe not eating the rats is a bad idea.

ute4ever 03-06-2007 04:40 PM

I saw the headline of this thread and initially thought you were referring to Ratliff. I thought, oh brother, what are the stinky pirate whores at the bar accusing him of now? Can't a guy go enjoy a Long Island without being accused of eating babies anymore?

Sadly I have no rat stories to contribute, only cockroach stories.

However I do have a friend in Salt Lake who made her husband sell their house in the Avenues and move to a house in Sandy because she saw a mouse run across the floor.

Detroitdad 03-06-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 64318)
I saw the headline of this thread and initially thought you were referring to Ratliff. I thought, oh brother, what are the stinky pirate whores at the bar accusing him of now? Can't a guy go enjoy a Long Island without being accused of eating babies anymore?

Sadly I have no rat stories to contribute, only cockroach stories.

However I do have a friend in Salt Lake who made her husband sell their house in the Avenues and move to a house in Sandy because she saw a mouse run across the floor.

LOl

ute4ever 03-06-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 64321)
LOl

Yeah I helped with the move, she wouldn't step foot inside the home after seeing the mouse.

Detroitdad 03-06-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 64323)
Yeah I helped with the move, she wouldn't step foot inside the home after seeing the mouse.

That is funny, too. But I was really laughing about the Ratliff part.

My dad accidentally toasted a mouse once. He was having a midnight snack and he could not get the toaster to go all the way down so he kept pushing until it finally went all the way down with his toast. He thought it smelled a little funny, but ate his toast and went to bed.

In the morning my mom smelled something funny and looked in the toaster to see a crushed, toasted mouse. Guess what I got for breakfast.

ute4ever 03-06-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 64325)
Guess what I got for breakfast.

McDonalds?

Detroitdad 03-06-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 64327)
McDonalds?

No that would be bad for me. And I was being rhetorical silly.

YOhio 03-06-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 64313)
The only rat I have ever been partial to was Splinter.

Templeton wasn't too bad either. I enjoy his song "A Veritable Smorgasbord."