cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Who is the worst U.S. President ever? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9252)

Detroitdad 06-20-2007 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 92086)
Boy, do I feel silly.

:)

She was creative and knew how to get what she wanted.

I guess you've seen the video of her wedding night then? ;) They don't call her Tonya HARDing for nothing. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

il Padrino Ute 06-20-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 92095)
I guess you've seen the video of her wedding night then? ;) They don't call her Tonya HARDing for nothing. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Can't say I have. She scares me enough in an ice skating outfit.

BlueK 06-20-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 92012)
How could you not list Hoover?

You're just myopic in your hatred for Bush. We've had plenty of horrible Presidents. In fact, we've have more horrible presidents than good ones, and very few average presidents. We really haven't had very many good ones. As I survey the field, I doubt we've had more than five good ones.

Hoover wasn't that bad. Great depressions don't come out of nowhere in 1 year. The conditions that caused the Great Depression were working throughout the 20s, which means Coolidge and Harding are to blame. For one thing, that's when the ridiculously high tariffs were passed that brought on the economic disaster.

BlueK 06-20-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fumamota McChopperdave (Post 92058)
How can you list James Polk? If not for he the Portland Trailblazers would all be speaking Spanish.

I agree. Polk is perhaps the most underrated president in US history. He easily could have had two terms but decided not to run again.

BlueK 06-20-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 92012)
How could you not list Hoover?

You're just myopic in your hatred for Bush. We've had plenty of horrible Presidents. In fact, we've have more horrible presidents than good ones, and very few average presidents. We really haven't had very many good ones. As I survey the field, I doubt we've had more than five good ones.

Bush is still plenty bad. The only ones in my lifetime that may be worse are Nixon and Carter and he's arguably worse, IMO. Effective leadership is such an important part of the job and it's hard to imagine a worse leader right now.

Archaea 06-20-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 92161)
Bush is still plenty bad. The only ones in my lifetime that may be worse are Nixon and Carter and he's arguably worse, IMO. Effective leadership is such an important part of the job and it's hard to imagine a worse leader right now.

How can you forget Carter, who couldn't do anything except give away the Panama Canal for nothing, get involved in the Iran hostage crisis, cause stagflation, and a host of other failings, all in a measely four years. People forget in how little time Carter was able to screw up so much.

tooblue 06-20-2007 03:24 PM

How can you have a poll like this that does not include Kennedy?

Mormon Red Death 06-20-2007 03:33 PM

I voted for carter but where is FDR?

BYU71 06-20-2007 03:36 PM

How can you not list Truman

Even in my crib and pre-school classes I could hear all the TV pundits working him over. He did so many things bad. He was extremely unpopular when he left the White House.

BarbaraGordon 06-20-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 92171)
How can you have a poll like this that does not include Kennedy?

I asked the same question. Disastrous foreign policy that set the stage for the mess that was 65-75.

Seattle says I'm too young to know what I'm talking about.