cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Refs awful (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19425)

Indy Coug 05-15-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 221495)
For the record: You don't think it's playing a significant factor?

No. Certainly no more significant than the Jazz shooting in the mid to low 30s in the 2nd half last night.

creekster 05-15-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 221493)
I am like Sloan. Consistency.

For the record, I am not the one whining about things when the Lakers lost two in a row in Utah. Making excuses. Blaming refs, blaming the league. It is pretty ridiculous, actually.

No more ridiculous than whining about whining.

TripletDaddy 05-15-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 221495)
For the record: You don't think it's playing a significant factor?

Rock, I have always been with you....there IS superstar treatment in the NBA. Of course there is. Kobe will always get his calls. This isnt new or unique to this series.

I dont think it is significant, no. In Utah, Fish got saddled with quick calls on both nights. The Lakers lost two straight and were literally minutes away from LOSING last night.

The Jazz had plenty of chances to win last night. They could not convert. Pretty simple. Okur missed a free throw that would have given them a one point lead. AK missed a layup. Sasha threw up another 3-pointer and it bounced to a wide open Gasol under the basket.

Making excuses is lame. I wont do it. If the Lakers lose this series (which they very well could, since I think they will lose on Friday), it wont be because of refs. It will be because one team played better than the other.

TripletDaddy 05-15-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 221500)

I'm not whining about it. I am mocking it.

creekster 05-15-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 221503)
I'm not whining about it. I am mocking it.

Not in this thread, you are whining. Calling it ridiculous is whining. Moreover pretending you're somehow better than the whiners becasue you mock smacks of pseudo-intellectualism.

Indy Coug 05-15-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 221500)

So in other words, you can't challenge the rationale used by whiners or else you will be called a ridiculous whiner too?

creekster 05-15-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 221507)
So in other words, you can't challenge the rationale used by whiners or else you will be called a ridiculous whiner too?

If you do it over and over then you are doing pretty much the same thing. Why are you sosensitive about this? Guilty conscience?

RockyBalboa 05-15-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 221497)
No. Certainly no more significant than the Jazz shooting in the mid to low 30s in the 2nd half last night.

I haven't blamed the refs for the loss, but to say that they aren't a significant factor is just retarded.

Indy Coug 05-15-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 221509)
If you do it over and over then you are doing pretty much the same thing. Why are you sosensitive about this? Guilty conscience?

Guilty conscience? Hardly. I'm just curious how whiners get carte blanche.

RockyBalboa 05-15-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 221502)
Rock, I have always been with you....there IS superstar treatment in the NBA. Of course there is. Kobe will always get his calls. This isnt new or unique to this series.

I dont think it is significant, no. In Utah, Fish got saddled with quick calls on both nights. The Lakers lost two straight and were literally minutes away from LOSING last night.

The Jazz had plenty of chances to win last night. They could not convert. Pretty simple. Okur missed a free throw that would have given them a one point lead. AK missed a layup. Sasha threw up another 3-pointer and it bounced to a wide open Gasol under the basket.

Making excuses is lame. I wont do it. If the Lakers lose this series (which they very well could, since I think they will lose on Friday), it wont be because of refs. It will be because one team played better than the other.

Point taken and I respect it. I don't think the refs are the reason why the Jazz lost, but I still contend it's a significant factor on both sides.

To me, there's no worse subjective officiating in major sports than in the NBA. I know you disagree and feel it's baseball and I'm cool with that. Just different points of view.