cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I think the vegetarian lifestyle is unhealthy (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20729)

SeattleUte 07-09-2008 05:33 AM

The lady who delivers our evening meals makes a killer lentil soup.

TripletDaddy 07-09-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 239353)
Mama is too busy recording promo videos.

Dang.

I misread that for a second.

Bummer.

TripletDaddy 07-09-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 239361)
The meals are cheap. We figure not a whole lot more than if we went to Whole Foods grocery. Nothing elitist about curried vegetables with tofu.

Let's see......chef prepared meals, Whole Foods Grocery Store, prefers the symphony and thinks that followers of the NBA are a drag on civic culture......yep, it would be a shocker to find out you were racist.

BarbaraGordon 07-09-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 239622)
First you give up sugar, and now you're off meat too? Switch those with alcohol and coffee and you're one step closer to being a Mormon.

The private cabin we're renting has two books in its library: Chicken Soup for the Soul and The BoM. I swear I can't get away from you people. ;-)

landpoke 07-09-2008 03:08 PM

I'm reasonably sure not all vegetarians are rabid white supremacist mass murderers, but it always bears repeating when this is discussed that Hitler was a vegetarian.

myboynoah 07-09-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 239835)
I'm reasonably sure not all vegetarians are rabid white supremacist mass murderers, but it always bears repeating when this is discussed that Hitler was a vegetarian.

Good stuff. I'll use it the missionary, who by the way, comes from Northern Idaho.

SeattleUte 07-09-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 239746)
Let's see......chef prepared meals, Whole Foods Grocery Store, prefers the symphony and thinks that followers of the NBA are a drag on civic culture......yep, it would be a shocker to find out you were racist.

I've noticed that when white folks are with a black person they just met the subject the whites first bring up to talk about is usually sports. That's always grating to me because I think it's racist, and I never do it. You're just that kind of bigot, maybe not out of malevolence but ignorance more than anything else.

You're the one who joined a religion with notoriously racist doctrines spouted by its prophets, seers and revelators. As an adult? Shall I apply your logic and conclude you're a racist just because you're a Mormon? You are the one who sends his "girl" to the store to buy your sodas.

il Padrino Ute 07-09-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 239932)
I've noticed that when white folks are with a black person they just met the subject the whites first bring up to talk about is usually sports. That's always grating to me because I think it's racist, and I never do it. You're just that kind of bigot, maybe not out of malevolence but ignorance more than anything else.

You're the one who joined a religion with notoriously racist doctrines spouted by its prophets, seers and revelators. As an adult? Shall I apply your logic and conclude you're a racist just because you're a Mormon? You are the one who sends his "girl" to the store to buy your sodas.

TripleD threw that fastball right past you, didn't he?

It was a joke, SU.

YOhio 07-09-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 239746)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 239932)

This one is getting ugly. I think it's pretty clear that neither of you are racist and accusing each other as such deprives the term of real meaning. Plus, I hate seeing my amigo fight with my comrade.

SeattleUte 07-09-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 239947)
This one is getting ugly. I think it's pretty clear that neither of you are racist and accusing each other as such deprives the term of real meaning. Plus, I hate seeing my amigo fight with my comrade.

DDD doesn't know what it means. I'm trying to help him.