cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   5K challenge update (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10939)

Runner Coug 08-28-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpiney (Post 118131)
My ipod is here, my nike kit is on the way and will be delivered either thursday or friday.

Don't close those polls till 11:59 cause I am going to be bringing it.

Dang...guess I won't be getting that bronze medal afterall.

SteelBlue 08-28-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 118163)
What I think you meant to say was "Its been fun watching us all get faster, so long as you all remain comfortably in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place in our challenge."

:)
I've really enjoyed this challenge. It adds more purpose to my runs. I think I've got one more hard run in me by friday, but I don't think it will be enough to pass you up. I'm going to try an out and back route this time, probably the river trail. Isn't that where you did your 23:20?

Yeah, that's where I ran my 23:20. I'd like to take one more shot at it, but I've been so damned sore. But I have more than a sneaking suspicion that 23:20 isn't going to be enough for even second place with you lurking. I think I'm going to have to beat it. Damn you goose and piney!

SteelBlue 08-30-2007 07:08 PM

Hey Piney, make sure to get me your nike screen name so I can add you to our challenge. Is it going to be the same as your cg name?

bigpiney 08-30-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 118981)
Hey Piney, make sure to get me your nike screen name so I can add you to our challenge. Is it going to be the same as your cg name?

Should be. It is on the fed ex truck and will be at home when I get there. i'll let you know as soon as I set it up.

fuegote 08-31-2007 04:45 PM

I tried getting one under 30 minutes this morning... Made it half way. I suck.

bluegoose 08-31-2007 04:50 PM

I tried one last time this morning and got the exact same time as my previous best. So I guess SteelBlue is the man, unless Big Piney plays the spoiler with a last minute scorcher.

Do we have another 5K challenge set up yet?

bigpiney 08-31-2007 07:01 PM

I am all set up and ready to go. Gonna run after work.

Shoud I do the calibration or just assume that it can figure it out close enoug?

SteelBlue 08-31-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpiney (Post 119453)
I am all set up and ready to go. Gonna run after work.

Shoud I do the calibration or just assume that it can figure it out close enoug?

The calibration makes a significant difference for me. I don't know if others have had the same experience. BTW, you're added to the challenge but you have to accept it now.

ewth8tr 08-31-2007 07:15 PM

I won't get anywhere close, but I am going to run one last time tonight and try to at least end with a personal best.

bluegoose 08-31-2007 07:26 PM

I didn't calibrate mine and it is pretty dang accurate. I've got a couple of places where I know exactly how far it is and it has always been within about .01 miles of the mark. It pretty amazing really. I assume they use an average steplength most runners use, so as long as you're not freakishly long-legged or a midget you probably fall pretty close to the normal range.