cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The ultimate grilled cheese sandwich (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23799)

TripletDaddy 11-13-2008 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=il Padrino Ute;294711]
Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 294699)
the reason sloppy joes are gross are because they contain ground beef. which is gross./quote]

Do you not like burgers?

Good point. Burgers are an exception.

There is something about that plain ground beef that I find nasty.....casseroles, hamburger helper, etc...I just don't like it.

Burgers taste different. Of course, since Surfah posted his recipe, I dont eat regular burgers anymore, anyway.

Also, ground beef in tacos. Whoever invented that can go to hell. real tacos don't contain ground beef.

landpoke 11-13-2008 03:27 PM

Sometimes I'll fry up some ground beef with a little salt and eat it straight out of the pan. It's awesome! And ground beef and mashed potatoes mixed together is pure delicious.

Mrs. Funk 11-13-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 294749)
Sometimes I'll fry up some ground beef with a little salt and eat it straight out of the pan. It's awesome! And ground beef and mashed potatoes mixed together is pure delicious.

That just sounds vile...

landpoke 11-13-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk (Post 294773)
That just sounds vile...

Sometimes I mix in those Le Sueur baby peas, when I'm feeling like some roughage.

cougjunkie 11-13-2008 05:27 PM

[quote=landpoke;294749]Sometimes I'll fry up some ground beef with a little salt and eat it straight out of the pan. It's awesome! And ground beef and mashed potatoes mixed together is pure delicious.[/quote

My dad used to make Hamburger steaks for dinner all the time. He would just make huge flat hamburgers that were very thin and the size of the pan.

Also we would always have hamburger, rice and gravy. Very cheap meal that could feed the whole family.

Surfah 11-13-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 294785)
Also we would always have hamburger, rice and gravy. Very cheap meal that could feed the whole family.

That was a staple in my home growing up. Hamburger patties over rice with milk gravy made from the drippings with a side of pork and beans.

Gidget 11-14-2008 12:56 AM

I'm with Trip D. I am selective with ground beef. But then again I am very selective with most meat - I could easily be a vegetarian, though I am not and won't ever be.

il Padrino Ute 11-14-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 294749)

Agreed about the ground beef and mashed potatoes. I like to make gravy from the drippings and ground beef as well.

mpfunk 11-14-2008 08:47 PM

Why has no one discussed further in this thread how DDD is a spice wussy.