cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Howdy (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9688)

Archaea 07-06-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 98268)
Responses:

No, I don't work in a mine. Miners are dirty, troll like folk who are best shunned.

Jim Beam will work in a pinch, as will Coors in a can. Though my favorite is Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. It's needlessly expensive and bit too flashy, but being in the oil business I have to keep up appearances. Which is why I light my cigars with hundred dollar bills.

NoDaks are a vile and base people who even Canadians look down upon. Most miners are NoDaks.

I did miss a chance to berate a long haired hippie enviro (who wasn't my wife) that came knocking on my door looking for money for her America hating agenda. I blame my slow wits as I came up with the perfect screed only after she got a block or so away. I felt it wouldn't have had the same power if I'd yelled at her to come back so I could let her have it. It's a shame I'll have to live with for the rest of my days.

I'm extremely disappointed you let that treehugger get away with that crap. Shame on you and piss in your Jack Daniels. That was might NoDak of you to let her go.

I'm starting to think you're a wannabe California Jane Fonda lover, but we'll wait and see.

landpoke 07-06-2007 02:41 PM

I love California and fully support all their short sighted, pandering enviro policies. No "dirty" electricity means good times for us in the gas business.

BYU71 07-06-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 98274)
I love California and fully support all their short sighted, pandering enviro policies. No "dirty" electricity means good times for us in the gas business.

You are in the gas business?? Maybe you were the guy sitting somewhere behind us at the Vegas Bowl.

landpoke 07-06-2007 02:54 PM

I do have a lot of fiber in my diet, but I wasn't at the Vegas Bowl.

nikuman 07-06-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 98275)
You are in the gas business?? Maybe you were the guy sitting somewhere behind us at the Vegas Bowl.

I'm pretty sure the offending odor at the Vegas Bowl was coming from somewhere in front of me - we were just being polite by not blaming you.

BYU71 07-06-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 98342)
I'm pretty sure the offending odor at the Vegas Bowl was coming from somewhere in front of me - we were just being polite by not blaming you.

At my age I have a way of checking if it was me. There were no unusual stipes when I did my wash. It wasn't me.

Sleeping in EQ 07-06-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 98091)
Mrs Goose spent most of her childhood on the mean streets of Sheridan and the rest of her teenage years on the even meaner streets of Gillette. Buffalo is a great little town, however.

Gillette just might be the most "hard scrabble" town I've ever had to refill the gas tank in.

bluegoose 07-06-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ (Post 98443)
Gillette just might be the most "hard scrabble" town I've ever had to refill the gas tank in.

It must be something in the water in Gillette. For a small, seemingly insignificant mining town in Northeast Wyoming, they sure make the national news a lot. Multiple homicides, lovers triangle involving the high school principle. There have been several others that i can't think of right now. They also have a freakishly good basketball program that was nationally ranked a couple of years ago.