cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   you know the jazz fans that moaned the choice of williams over paul... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18291)

MikeWaters 05-04-2008 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 216979)
West would evaporate into nothingness without Paul.

I don't agree. My current take is that West is much, much better outside shooter than Boozer. West is also effective in the paint. West is a better defender than Boozer (who isn't?).

Advantage West.

TheSizzle36 05-04-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 217029)
??? Are you drunk?

Either that or just overly sensitive.

Spaz 05-05-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 217018)
The fact that people got offended and snarky at my question says it all. Clearly they didn't think I was analogizing Jordan to Williams. I wonder why. Game Waters.

The fact that people got offended and snarky at your question shows what a jackass you are.

It was a silly comment, and deserved nothing more than to be treated with disdain.

UteStar 05-05-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 217037)
I don't agree. My current take is that West is much, much better outside shooter than Boozer. West is also effective in the paint. West is a better defender than Boozer (who isn't?).

Advantage West.

In response to Indy, West is a good player that has gotten better each year. He will continue to be good...he is a much better defender than Boozer is...while as of now, Boozer is the better offensive player.

If West and Paul stay in NO, and Booz and Deron stay in Utah...that will be quite a rivalry for years to come.

Brian 05-05-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 205473)
Williams has a much better cast around him. Paul is a magician.

Williams is strong, but Paul is spectacular.

If you combined Gary Payton, Allen Iverson, and John Stockton, you get Chris Paul.

So quite your day job and become an NBA GM. You could make a killing if you really knew that on draft day.

MikeWaters 05-05-2008 05:55 PM

actually the Jazz have an excellent GM.

To get rid of Giricek and get Korver and a 1st rounder, that's genius.

You look at the quality of the Jazz roster, and then their low salaries, you know he is good.

Brian 05-05-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 217317)
actually the Jazz have an excellent GM.

To get rid of Giricek and get Korver and a 1st rounder, that's genius.

You look at the quality of the Jazz roster, and then their low salaries, you know he is good.

but i bet you would have gotten all that for a second rounder and a popcorn machine?
(c:

il Padrino Ute 05-05-2008 06:49 PM

I'm curious to know if Paul could have been as effective in Sloan's system.

Williams is. That's really all that matters.

Hot Lunch 05-05-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 217037)

Advantage West.

The only thing Boozer has on West is a jump shot. Advantage is definitely West. Better defender, more athletic and can take it to the rim much better than Boozer can. The jumper will come with time.

MikeWaters 05-05-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Lunch (Post 217378)
The only thing Boozer has on West is a jump shot. Advantage is definitely West. Better defender, more athletic and can take it to the rim much better than Boozer can.

Not based on my observation during the playoffs. Boozer way off. West, money.