cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anyone here's wife make more money than you? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7917)

BlueHair 04-26-2007 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 76493)
My wife makes more than I do and has for the entire length of our courtship and marriage. I am very proud of her.

Lucky bastard.

BlueHair 04-26-2007 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 76595)
My wife is a stay at home mom and works her butt off. I've seen what she does and I'd never want to work that hard.

Nod nod. Wink wink. :)

BigFatMeanie 04-26-2007 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 76595)
My wife is a stay at home mom and works her butt off. I've seen what she does and I'd never want to work that hard.

Starting tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. through Monday at 9:00 a.m. I get to play Mr. Mom while Mrs. Meanie goes to visit her parents on a solo vacation. I've played Mr. Mom before and, while I don't think it is difficult per se, it is not really fun/enjoyable either. I would much rather go to the office each day.

il Padrino Ute 04-26-2007 04:11 AM

With four kids and all their after school activities, the housework that she does (not including the chores she assigns me), helping out our retired neighbors anyway she can and putting up with me, she has more work than I'd like to have.

My career ends in the late afternoons, M-F. Hers is a 24/7.

Archaea 04-26-2007 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 76629)
With four kids and all their after school activities, the housework that she does (not including the chores she assigns me), helping out our retired neighbors anyway she can and putting up with me, she has more work than I'd like to have.

My career ends in the late afternoons, M-F. Hers is a 24/7.

But hers ends when they leave the house, yours ends when you die.

il Padrino Ute 04-26-2007 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 76633)
But hers ends when they leave the house, yours ends when you die.

Perhaps so. Still, I'll take mine over hers.

Detroitdad 04-27-2007 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 76562)
And Mike wonders why I don't want to live in Japan. ;)

It probably doesn't count, but I obviously made more money than him while he was in med school. I actually like working. But, a full-time job, all the housework, and all the cooking is too much for me. Working from home part-time (very, very part-time) allows me to still be home with the young kiddos.... and it helps keep me sane.

That's a refreshingly healthy attitude about this subject that so many people get polarized about. That is our preferred situation as well.

UtahDan 04-27-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 76467)
Throwing this out to everyone. Except SeattleUte whom we already know makes less than his wife.

I read a news report from Japan that a guy committed suicide when his wife started making more money than him.

She shakes her money maker more than I do. Does that count?