cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Church does not favor illegal imm. crackdown (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16259)

Surfah 01-28-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 178838)
if you truly believe this, don't vote for Romney.

One issue certainly doesn't determine who I will vote for. And if I were to base it off a singular issue then immigration would be a bit further down the list than something like the economy.

BYU71 01-28-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 178791)
Start counting at three posts back. It is a widespread sentiment in the Republican party.

Still just words. Widespread, many. I could say the accusation about republicans is not true and you pull out 2 out of 10 and claim 20% is many.

There are compassionate republicans and realistic republicans. Most (70% of more) republicans would not agree with rounding up the illegals and shipping them back.

TripletDaddy 01-28-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 178882)
Still just words. Widespread, many. I could say the accusation about republicans is not true and you pull out 2 out of 10 and claim 20% is many.

There are compassionate republicans and realistic republicans. Most (70% of more) republicans would not agree with rounding up the illegals and shipping them back.

The estimate of 70% is about as reliable as any claim that most republicans lack compassion.

The only thing that I can ascertain is that Dem solutions tend to focus on some sort of amnesty, while Rep solutions tend to focus on some sort of deportation.

The compassion issue is an individual one, person by person. No one party has a monopoly on compassion nor on lunacy.

BYU71 01-28-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 178889)
The estimate of 70% is about as reliable as any claim that most republicans lack compassion.

The only thing that I can ascertain is that Dem solutions tend to focus on some sort of amnesty, while Rep solutions tend to focus on some sort of deportation.

The compassion issue is an individual one, person by person. No one party has a monopoly on compassion nor on lunacy.

Thanks for your opinion. I will file it with the rest of your opinions and observations on the subject.

TripletDaddy 01-28-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 178908)
Thanks for your opinion. I will file it with the rest of your opinions and observations on the subject.

C: DocumentsandSettings\BYU71\mydocuments\things_I_do nt_want_to_admit_to_myself

il Padrino Ute 01-28-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 178838)
if you truly believe this, don't vote for Romney.

If you want economic solutions that will actually work, vote for Romney.