cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Peanut butter poll (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8751)

bluegoose 06-02-2007 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 86361)
IMHFGSO, of course.

In my humble former Girl Scout Opinion???

BarbaraGordon 06-02-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 86362)
In my humble former Girl Scout Opinion???

yup.

SeattleUte 06-03-2007 06:06 AM

I'm not a big consumer of peanut butter. Never have been.

Parrot Head 06-04-2007 06:08 AM

I have to chime in on this one because I would bet very good money that no one here eats more PB than I do. I have PB&J every day for lunch at work. Every day. Maybe twice a month it varies if I'm out of the office.

For lunch on the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, I will often have a southern delicacy, the banana sandwich: white bread, mayo on one slice, peanut butter on the other, and sliced banana. That with chips, Mountain Dew and baseball - it doesn't get much better.

So I have PB at least 5 times a week, sometimes six. This doesn't include Reese's (mmmmmm.....) or Granny Smith apples with PB or the waffle/pancakes breakfast with PB. I also like to do PB, chocolate chips, and marshmallows, and put it in the sandwich maker. It's dessert for lunch.

And I usually eat creamy, but the crunchy is a nice change of pace when you eat it every day for lunch.

bluegoose 06-04-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Head (Post 86577)
I have to chime in on this one because I would bet very good money that no one here eats more PB than I do. I have PB&J every day for lunch at work. Every day. Maybe twice a month it varies if I'm out of the office.

For lunch on the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, I will often have a southern delicacy, the banana sandwich: white bread, mayo on one slice, peanut butter on the other, and sliced banana. That with chips, Mountain Dew and baseball - it doesn't get much better.

So I have PB at least 5 times a week, sometimes six. This doesn't include Reese's (mmmmmm.....) or Granny Smith apples with PB or the waffle/pancakes breakfast with PB. I also like to do PB, chocolate chips, and marshmallows, and put it in the sandwich maker. It's dessert for lunch.

And I usually eat creamy, but the crunchy is a nice change of pace when you eat it every day for lunch.

I bow down to reverence you, oh great parrothead from the bay.

I also have a PB and J nearly everyday for lunch. The only exception is when I don't have time to make a lunch in the morning and grab a burrito from the shop next door. My wife even offers to make me a nice lunch every once in a while, and I often will defer in favor of a PB and J.

This saturday I made breakfast for the kids and what else would I make but pancakes to slather some crunchy PB on. My 6 year old will try it with PB on it, but prefers just plain butter. The 2 younger girls will have nothing to do with it.

BarbaraGordon 06-04-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Head (Post 86577)
I have to chime in on this one because I would bet very good money that no one here eats more PB than I do. I have PB&J every day for lunch at work. Every day. Maybe twice a month it varies if I'm out of the office..

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 86709)
I bow down to reverence you, oh great parrothead from the bay.

I also have a PB and J nearly everyday for lunch.

Dude, is that the best you guys can do? Almost every day? Ha! I scoff at your amateur-ish status. :)

I eat PB like twice a day at least. I used to keep a jar in the library office and eat straight out of the jar. (File under: ways to piss off head librarian.)

I think I need some sort of rehab.

YOhio 06-04-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 86718)
Dude, is that the best you guys can do? Almost every day? Ha! I scoff at your amateur-ish status. :)

I eat PB like twice a day at least. I used to keep a jar in the library office and eat straight out of the jar. (File under: ways to piss off head librarian.)

I think I need some sort of rehab.

That can't be good for you.

ute4ever 06-04-2007 05:08 PM

I tried the two pancakes with PB in the middle and topped with applesauce. (The PB melted right into the pancake, like butter). It was alright, but I could barely taste the PB even though I spread it on pretty generously. Applesauce has a strong, overriding flavor.

I also tried the two pancakes with nutella in the middle and topped with applesauce. It was gross and I threw it out.

For dessert I made peanut butter cookies and topped them with nutella. They were fabulous.

BarbaraGordon 06-04-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 86720)
That can't be good for you.

Well, I hope it's good for me or I may be in trouble in a few years here.