cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Should race be considered in the hiring of a football coach?? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14451)

Zulu451 11-29-2007 02:57 PM

Should race be considered in the hiring of a football coach??

IMO, absolutly not. You take the best guy for the job. That includes a lot of intangibles. Just look at Notre Dame. Everyone was praising them for hiring Tyrone Willingham, in a few short years they were being called racists because the guy couldn't win a game. Now they have a fat white coach, who still can't win a game!

MikeWaters 11-29-2007 03:04 PM

Given your avatar, I think your opinion was a given.

exUte 11-29-2007 03:47 PM

I don't think race IS a consideration

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu451 (Post 156860)
IMO, absolutly not. You take the best guy for the job. That includes a lot of intangibles. Just look at Notre Dame. Everyone was praising them for hiring Tyrone Willingham, in a few short years they were being called racists because the guy couldn't win a game. Now they have a fat white coach, who still can't win a game!

Would a university rather lose with a white coach than win with a black coach?

They want to win and will hire someone who they believe will help them win. What does race have to do with that?

Zulu451 11-29-2007 09:12 PM

Mike -

What does my avatar have to do with this? Are you a midget basketball player hater? Especially ones from Thailand? Are you a hater Mike? These guys could probably school us.

Check out that dude driving w/ his shoulder!

Archaea 11-29-2007 10:08 PM

A university hiring any employee should be aware of a number of factors. Should it be the only characteristic that a university considers? Of course not, but should ignore the factor? No.

I don't believe a university with a large Polynesian student body and student athletes should ignore the benefits of hiring qualified Polynesian coaches. Nor should a predominately white university ignore the benefits of hiring black coaches in sports where that culture generates a disproportionate number of exceptional participants. It will act as a cultural bridge for those student athletes.

mpfunk 11-29-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 156901)
Would a university rather lose with a white coach than win with a black coach?

They want to win and will hire someone who they believe will help them win. What does race have to do with that?

Well we all know that you would never hire a Jewish coach.

exUte 11-29-2007 10:33 PM

If he can win, why not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 157197)
Well we all know that you would never hire a Jewish coach.

Like I said, race should not be a consideration. Winning, on the other hand should be. Or do you have other wisdom? Like hiring the fattest guy you know to coach a basketball team who takes a crap in a garbage can? Perhaps that should be a requirement?

MikeWaters 11-29-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu451 (Post 157128)
Mike -

What does my avatar have to do with this? Are you a midget basketball player hater? Especially ones from Thailand? Are you a hater Mike? These guys could probably school us.

Check out that dude driving w/ his shoulder!

where were you on Thanksgiving? I wanted to pile drive you into the dirt. There were about 35 guys out there.

il Padrino Ute 11-30-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157206)
Like I said, race should not be a consideration. Winning, on the other hand should be. Or do you have other wisdom? Like hiring the fattest guy you know to coach a basketball team who takes a crap in a garbage can? Perhaps that should be a requirement?

Jewish is not a race. But you are so blinded by hatred, you wouldn't have known that.

And you hate Majerus because his teams treated your Cougars the way you treat Jews.

Zulu451 11-30-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 157207)
where were you on Thanksgiving? I wanted to pile drive you into the dirt. There were about 35 guys out there.

I was duck hunting. That was fun!

exUte 11-30-2007 01:18 PM

It was MPfunk who brought in

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 157252)
Jewish is not a race. But you are so blinded by hatred, you wouldn't have known that.

And you hate Majerus because his teams treated your Cougars the way you treat Jews.

the Jewish coach issue. You've directed your idiotic comment to the wrong person. It should have gone directly to your own Ute! LOL LOL LOL LOL

exUte 11-30-2007 01:21 PM

Have any of your relatives died in a concentration camp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 157252)

Mine have. So your white trash mentality is very dispicable. You should do your own research before you listen to others. But then again, it's easier not to get confused with the facts. Isn't it?

What a moron! Yes, that would be IPU!

MikeWaters 11-30-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157346)
Mine have. So your white trash mentality is very dispicable. You should do your own research before you listen to others. But then again, it's easier not to get confused with the facts. Isn't it?

Wow, I didn't know you had a concentration camp card to pull out. Which makes your prior anti-semitism all the more puzzling, frankly.

exUte 11-30-2007 01:26 PM

Show me

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 157347)
Wow, I didn't know you had a concentration camp card to pull out. Which makes your prior anti-semitism all the more puzzling, frankly.

an anti-semitism post. I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

MikeWaters 11-30-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157348)
an anti-semitism post. I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

Randal Graves pointed them out to me in the past. I think Randal's mother was Jewish, so he took particular offence.

exUte 11-30-2007 01:42 PM

So you believed Randal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 157349)
Randal Graves pointed them out to me in the past. I think Randal's mother was Jewish, so he took particular offence.

Nice. But you have no first hand knowledge? Nice. Because you, Sizzle, cougjunkie, IPU and mp funk said so, it must be true? Nice.

Here's another factual tidbit: I am currently involved in contract negotiations with a Jew. He is the brother of another Jew who I consider a friend and he considers me his friend and thus introduced me to his brother.

Sheesh! Just do your friggin homework before you spew trash!

il Padrino Ute 11-30-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157346)

It would seem that I fired a direct hit.

Self loathing must be an awful thing.

exUte 11-30-2007 05:14 PM

Direct hit = white trash

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 157448)
It would seem that I fired a direct hit.

Self loathing must be an awful thing.

Is that what you are referring to? Hey, we agree finally. Better self-loath than self......... well you know. :confused:

You're the one who said your wife was attracted to you by your language. What a slam! :mrgreen:

il Padrino Ute 11-30-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157451)
Is that what you are referring to? Hey, we agree finally. Better self-loath than self......... well you know. :confused:

You really aren't very bright, are you?

exUte 11-30-2007 05:19 PM

Obviously not as bright as you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 157454)
You really aren't very bright, are you?

Go back and read the thread. "Should race be considered in the hiring of a football coach??"
The entire thread was about 'race' and your buddy, mpfunk, brought Jews into the picture and then you acuse me of nothing knowing that Jews/Judaism is not a race? Put the bottle down!

There's a great Reading Comprehension class at the U. :???:

il Padrino Ute 11-30-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157455)
Go back and read the thread. The entire thread was about 'race' and your buddy, mpfunk, brought Jews into the picture and then you acuse me of nothing knowing that Jews/Judaism is not a race? Put the bottle down!

Again, you just aren't that bright.

exUte 11-30-2007 05:25 PM

Like I said you are absolutely correct!

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 157457)

Talk about not being bright. This is the second time I have said you are absolutely correct.

exUte 11-30-2007 05:29 PM

Can you attempt to answer the original question?

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 157457)

That is the question on the table. I answered it. Not bad for a not-so-bright guy. Let's see you shed some light on the ORIGINAL question. Is that possible. I'll hangup and listen to your answer, Mr. Sunshine.

mpfunk 11-30-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157455)
Go back and read the thread. "Should race be considered in the hiring of a football coach??"
The entire thread was about 'race' and your buddy, mpfunk, brought Jews into the picture and then you acuse me of nothing knowing that Jews/Judaism is not a race? Put the bottle down!

Punctuation is a privilege not a right, please stop abusing punctuation.

exUte 11-30-2007 05:33 PM

That's the best you have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 157464)

So you believe Judaism/Jews are a race? If so, IPU says you're crazy. If not, what did it have to do with the original question?

exUte 11-30-2007 05:34 PM

Btw.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 157464)

the punctuation is a board flaw. You would think when you click on a face, it would show up. Refer your criticism to MikeWaters.

MikeWaters 11-30-2007 05:52 PM

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...?id=2761727%29

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3015538

mpfunk 11-30-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157466)
So you believe Judaism/Jews are a race? If so, IPU says you're crazy. If not, what did it have to do with the original question?

Where did I say that Jews were a race. I simply commented that because you hate Jews that you would not want a Jewish coach for your team. I never stated that Jews were a race.

That is like saying I think Majerus is a race, because I brought him up in this thread.

mpfunk 11-30-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 157468)
the punctuation is a board flaw. You would think when you click on a face, it would show up. Refer your criticism to MikeWaters.

Again you abused punctuation. An ellipses requires only three periods.

Zulu451 11-30-2007 10:37 PM

Wow! The digression here is simply amazing.

woot 11-30-2007 11:01 PM

Jews are a race in the same way that whites or blacks are races: They're not. There is far more variation within whites and blacks then there is average difference between whites and blacks. We only use "race" as a convenient way of differentiating between people of different ethnicities, but the term is technically wrong, and frankly I wish we'd stop using it.

exUte 11-30-2007 11:45 PM

What was the original question?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 157493)
Where did I say that Jews were a race. I simply commented that because you hate Jews that you would not want a Jewish coach for your team. I never stated that Jews were a race.

That is like saying I think Majerus is a race, because I brought him up in this thread.

It was about RACE. Sheesh!

exUte 11-30-2007 11:49 PM

And this has what to do with

anti-semitism? Wacko alert.

I wouldn't do business with certain members of the BYU nation? Does that make me anti-mormon? I wouldn't do business with certain neighbors. Does that make me anti-neighbor?

You logic........errr.......illogic is as Reagan would say..........there you go again. I would do business with MikeWaters.....at least once I did. Does that make me pro-MikeWaters?