cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2007 CG Fantasy Football league is ready! (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10073)

DrumNFeather 07-18-2007 01:12 AM

2007 CG Fantasy Football league is ready!

I set it up through Yahoo again.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will get you all of the pertinant information. Per Sizzle's post, it is a 12 team league and thus far those who've shown interest in playing this year are:

Sizzle, UtahDan, BlueGoose, BigFatMeanie, CJ, and myself (league commish)

Those of you I mentioned, I need your emails. Those of you that are interested, please let me know...the slots fill up fast.

I'd be happy to manage another league as well if there is enough interest...or others can start a league of their own.

Looking forward to it!

MikeWaters 07-18-2007 01:13 AM

what are the rules for this league.

i.e. how many of each position, and how many roster spots?

DrumNFeather 07-18-2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 102783)
what are the rules for this league.

i.e. how many of each position, and how many roster spots?

Currently: 1 QB, 2 RB 2 WR and 1 WR/RB, plus a 1 TE, K, & Defense 6 reserve spots...but i am open to suggestions if need be. This is the format that has been used in a league I've been in for a few years and it works pretty well.

BigFatMeanie 07-18-2007 03:59 AM

Y'all are going down!

MikeWaters 07-18-2007 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 102787)
Currently: 1 QB, 2 RB 2 WR and 1 WR/RB, plus a 1 TE, K, & Defense 6 reserve spots...but i am open to suggestions if need be. This is the format that has been used in a league I've been in for a few years and it works pretty well.

I prefer 3 WR and no WR/RB. (because almost everyone will choose a RB which makes it a 3 RB league which sucks).

And 6 reserve is too many. 4 is better. Get more action.

DrumNFeather 07-18-2007 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 102864)
I prefer 3 WR and no WR/RB. (because almost everyone will choose a RB which makes it a 3 RB league which sucks).

And 6 reserve is too many. 4 is better. Get more action.

We'll have to see what others think...

4 doesn't seem like enough to field a team during a bye week.

i can agree on the wr/rb thing...that may be changed to just WR.

I think we're up to 8 slots filled...

DrumNFeather 07-18-2007 03:48 PM

MpFunk has committed to the CG football league...this makes a Broncoesk 9 early committments:

Drum, Sizzle, Funk, CJ, BFM, UtahDan, Bluegoose, OhioBlue, YOhio.

Who will be the next?

MikeWaters 07-18-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 102884)
We'll have to see what others think...

4 doesn't seem like enough to field a team during a bye week.

i can agree on the wr/rb thing...that may be changed to just WR.

I think we're up to 8 slots filled...

that's the whole point. there will be bye weeks you will have to make a cut that hurts. in order to cover.

if you never have to make a cut that hurts, the league sucks.

DrumNFeather 07-18-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 102963)
that's the whole point. there will be bye weeks you will have to make a cut that hurts. in order to cover.

if you never have to make a cut that hurts, the league sucks.

There are still quality players available every week, even with 6 roster spots...so there are plenty of opportunities to make cuts that hurt, but I would be willing to explore whatever options league members would be interested in.

fusnik11 07-18-2007 05:02 PM

I'll play.

DrumNFeather 07-18-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11 (Post 103039)
I'll play.

Will you really play this year? Because last year you took half the season off as I recall...

I just need your email...

bluegoose 07-18-2007 06:35 PM

Any thoughts on the draft? Its impossible to find the right time for everyone, especially with you guys out on the East coast. But it definitely hurts to not be around during the actual draft. I don't have any suggestions yet, but we should at least start talking about it.

DrumNFeather 07-18-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 103117)
Any thoughts on the draft? Its impossible to find the right time for everyone, especially with you guys out on the East coast. But it definitely hurts to not be around during the actual draft. I don't have any suggestions yet, but we should at least start talking about it.

I think I scheduled it for Wed, August 29, at 10:00 Pm est...

I know that puts it at 8 for you western folk, but I thought it was fair...I'll email you the info when I get home (blocked at work) and we can start discussing alternatives.

scottie 07-18-2007 07:26 PM

I'm in, if it's not too late. I sent you a PM with my email address.

bluegoose 07-18-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 103119)
I think I scheduled it for Wed, August 29, at 10:00 Pm est...

I know that puts it at 8 for you western folk, but I thought it was fair...I'll email you the info when I get home (blocked at work) and we can start discussing alternatives.

And all along I thought the East Coast was 3 hours ahead of us. Boy was I wrong. (Pssst, Drum, the continent extends even further west than Utah, contrary to popular belief).

DrumNFeather 07-18-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 103138)
And all along I thought the East Coast was 3 hours ahead of us. Boy was I wrong. (Pssst, Drum, the continent extends even further west than Utah, contrary to popular belief).

You're just so narrow minded in your views I thought for sure you were from Orem or something... : )

Looks like we have our 12...

8ballrollin 07-18-2007 08:21 PM

If there is room, I'll play.

8ballrollin 07-18-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 103140)
You're just so narrow minded in your views I thought for sure you were from Orem or something... : )

Looks like we have our 12...

didn't see this...next time then.

cougjunkie 07-30-2007 03:33 AM

This would be the ultimate league:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/060721

we should implement some of these rules.

Parrot Head 07-30-2007 06:38 AM

Dangit, how did I miss this thread? Let me know if another league pops up over here.

The_Tick 07-30-2007 07:31 PM

I would like to be in also....

I always miss out.

Parrot Head 08-26-2007 04:00 AM

I was hoping someone would start up another league, but it looks like I'm holding my breath. If there's more interest, I'll throw one together. It just makes the season a lot more fun.

Let me know if you're in and if you're willing to stick around all season, and
what sort of set-up you prefer. 3WR/RB etc.... I'm looking at Yahoo because that's what I'm familiar with and it makes it easy for anyone from the other league to manage another team if you want in.

BigFatMeanie 08-27-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Head (Post 117145)
I was hoping someone would start up another league, but it looks like I'm holding my breath. If there's more interest, I'll throw one together. It just makes the season a lot more fun.

Let me know if you're in and if you're willing to stick around all season, and
what sort of set-up you prefer. 3WR/RB etc.... I'm looking at Yahoo because that's what I'm familiar with and it makes it easy for anyone from the other league to manage another team if you want in.

I'll play in your league as well if you get it set up and have at least 8 people. It's no fun with less than 8 people in the league.

MikeWaters 08-27-2007 05:45 PM

I'm in if you have limited extra roster spots and only 2 RB and 3 WR (none of these interchangeable WR/RB slots).

BigFatMeanie 08-27-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 117498)
I'm in if you have limited extra roster spots and only 2 RB and 3 WR (none of these interchangeable WR/RB slots).

What's wrong with the flex? You big wussy.

MikeWaters 08-27-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 117533)
What's wrong with the flex? You big wussy.

because RB always trump WR.

DrumNFeather 08-27-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 117534)
because RB always trump WR.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, that's why it is called the flex.

MikeWaters 08-27-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 117537)
Sometimes yes, sometimes no, that's why it is called the flex.

the person that has a starting RB there has a HUGE advantage.

Flex sucks.

DrumNFeather 08-27-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 117539)
the person that has a starting RB there has a HUGE advantage.

Flex sucks.

Ok, so start a RB in that spot.

MikeWaters 08-27-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 117545)
Ok, so start a RB in that spot.

then make it a 3 RB league. That's why I think it is so stupid.

Try to convince me that a 3rd RB does more poorly than a 4th WR.

DrumNFeather 08-27-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 117547)
then make it a 3 RB league. That's why I think it is so stupid.

Try to convince me that a 3rd RB does more poorly than a 4th WR.

Wouldn't it be a 3rd WR or a 3rd RB?

This is where strategy comes into play...and I think it makes the league better.

MikeWaters 08-27-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 117548)
Wouldn't it be a 3rd WR or a 3rd RB?

This is where strategy comes into play...and I think it makes the league better.

No. it depends on how you set things up.

are you saying you league only has slots for two WRs? In that case yes it would be a 3rd versus a 3rd.

I'm talking about 2 RB and 3 WR plus one flex. If you choose a WR you are saying that a 4th WR is better than a 3rd RB.

DrumNFeather 08-27-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 117549)
No. it depends on how you set things up.

are you saying you league only has slots for two WRs? In that case yes it would be a 3rd versus a 3rd.

I'm talking about 2 RB and 3 WR plus one flex. If you choose a WR you are saying that a 4th WR is better than a 3rd RB.

I guess it depends on the WR in that case.

But it seems to work fairly well with scoring and competition.

Parrot Head 08-28-2007 03:07 AM

So it's up and going and hopefully it's to Mike's liking. I trimmed the reserves and the flexis and we've got plenty of spots open right now. I didn't set it for a live draft, though, because the deadline is two days away. If we get tons of interest in the next day, I'll set it for Wed.

I'm sending the info via PM to Mike, BFM, Tick (CB) and Drum because they have spoken here recently. I can't get on during the day, so hopefully you'll have access to the ID and password if you want it.

Rickomatic 08-28-2007 06:08 PM

I have really started to get into FF. So if there is room for another, please sign me up!

BigFatMeanie 08-28-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Head (Post 117854)
So it's up and going and hopefully it's to Mike's liking. I trimmed the reserves and the flexis and we've got plenty of spots open right now. I didn't set it for a live draft, though, because the deadline is two days away. If we get tons of interest in the next day, I'll set it for Wed.

I'm sending the info via PM to Mike, BFM, Tick (CB) and Drum because they have spoken here recently. I can't get on during the day, so hopefully you'll have access to the ID and password if you want it.

I'm not sure how you figure the deadline is two days away. The Yahoo! live draft deadline is Saturday, September 8 - we've got a whole 'nother week. I vote for a live draft.

Parrot Head 08-29-2007 01:07 AM

Yeah, not sure what I was reading either on the live draft. But we do have to set it for Wednesday at the latest if we want to start the first week

Quote:

Note: The first day of regular season games is Thursday, Sep 6. Your draft must be completed at least one day prior to the date on which your league wishes to start scoring.
The latest time available on Wed. is 4:15 EDT. Let me know if you want to go with that or hurry and grab a few people to hold it earlier. I just want to make sure we have the critical mass of teams.

Rickomatic 08-29-2007 02:39 AM

Could we make it Wed at 2 pm EDT? That would be 12 here. Great lunchtime diversion.

BigFatMeanie 08-29-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickomatic (Post 118343)
Could we make it Wed at 2 pm EDT? That would be 12 here. Great lunchtime diversion.

I second this request - Wednesday, 9/5 at 2:00 EDT works great for me.

Parrot Head 08-31-2007 03:10 AM

The live draft is at the above time and there are still a few openings so tell friends, family, senators that won't be running for re-election, anyone that might stick through the entire season.