cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Original ending to I Am Legend. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17986)

UtahDan 03-24-2008 06:13 PM

Original ending to I Am Legend.

This ending can be seen on the DVD and is apparently more in keeping with the concept of the book. This link has the new ending and an explanation of how it ties into the concept of the book. This is full of spoilers, but very, very cool and much more satisfying that the theatrical version.

I'm going to need to read the book now.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/...is-is-amazing/

Coach McGuirk 03-24-2008 07:26 PM

That is good to know. I found the movie to be entertaining until the last 20 minutes or so. This maybe fixes that?

tooblue 03-24-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 201619)
This ending can be seen on the DVD and is apparently more in keeping with the concept of the book. This link has the new ending and an explanation of how it ties into the concept of the book. This is full of spoilers, but very, very cool and much more satisfying that the theatrical version.

I'm going to need to read the book now.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/...is-is-amazing/

The book is a very good read. When the movie first arrived in theatres I decided I would not see it because I had heard about the ending. This gives me hope -now I only need to convince the wife to let me rent it.

RockyBalboa 03-24-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201641)
The book is a very good read. When the movie first arrived in theatres I decided I would not see it because I had heard about the ending. This gives me hope -now I only need to convince the wife to let me rent it.

Convince the wife to "Let you rent it"? lol..............Do you also ask for permission to take a piss?

tooblue 03-24-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 201663)
Convince the wife to "Let you rent it"? lol..............Do you also ask for permission to take a piss?

We watch movies TOGETHER, so therefore it is a decision we make together. I typically prefer romantic comedies or dramas and considering there are so few movies worth watching these days it's better if we are both agreeable in regards to the choice.

il Padrino Ute 03-24-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201671)
We watch movies TOGETHER, so therefore it is a decision we make together. I typically prefer romantic comedies or dramas and considering there are so few movies worth watching these days it's better if we are both agreeable in regards to the choice.

You prefer chick flicks?

I'm guessing that is the real reason you are the black sheep of your family - not because you're a BYU fan. ;)

il Padrino Ute 03-24-2008 08:43 PM

My oldest son received I Am Legend as a gift and said it is the greatest movie he's ever seen in his life - even better than Strange Brew. I may have to watch it now.

RockyBalboa 03-24-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Well I guess getting married is a good cover for you. ;)

UtahDan 03-24-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

One day the closet will finally be too small for you my friend. What that day comes, CG is here for you.

tooblue 03-24-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 201674)
You prefer chick flicks?

I'm guessing that is the real reason you are the black sheep of your family - not because you're a BYU fan. ;)

I am on record in this forum as ONE WHO PREFERS chick flicks! Hades, there's nothing worse than going to a gratuitous testosterone expose only to have a STORY break out!

RockyBalboa 03-24-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201713)
I am on record in this forum as ONE WHO PREFERS chick flicks! Hades, there's nothing worse than going to a gratuitous testosterone expose only to have a STORY break out!

Mr. Cruise...come out of the closet.

tooblue 03-24-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 201715)
Mr. Cruise...come out of the closet.

I get my kicks above the waistline sunshine!

RockyBalboa 03-24-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201719)

That's what he said.

il Padrino Ute 03-24-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Like Rambo - First Blood II?

That is a great movie.

creekster 03-24-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

All things in moderation. My wife has been on this binge of all things Jane Austen, apparently prompted by the PBS weekly showing of something to do with or by Miss Austen. I like a good costume drama as much as or even more than the next guy, but after seeing at least two Austen movies a week for the last month even the mention of her name makes me want to claw my eyes out.

I find myself wanting to go rent something mindless and violent as an antidote. I iwll even sit and watch some insipid japanese based cartoon with my ten year old just becaseu I know noone in a frilly dress will be required to bear a tragic burden with a stiff upper lip for at least 30 minutes. Maybe SU is right; having a TV is not a good idea.

tooblue 03-24-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 201720)
That's what he said.

whao Rocky ... UtahDan was kidding. We don't need to know about your secret dalliances -really!

tooblue 03-24-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 201727)
All things in moderation. My wife has been on this binge of all things Jane Austen, apparently prompted by the PBS weekly showing of something to do with or by Miss Austen. I like a good costume drama as much as or even more than the next guy, but after seeing at least two Austen movies a week for the last month even the mention of her name makes me want to claw my eyes out.

I find myself wanting to go rent something mindless and violent as an antidote. I iwll even sit and watch some insipid japanese based cartoon with my ten year old just becaseu I know noone in a frilly dress will be required to bear a tragic burden with a stiff upper lip for at least 30 minutes. Maybe SU is right; having a TV is not a good idea.

If it's real jap anime not only will the character remove the heads of several enemies with his sword but he will also be wearing a frilly dress along with flowing locks of platinum hair!

For my testosterone fix I prefer an Eastwood western or Dirty Harry flic!

RockyBalboa 03-24-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201729)
whao Rocky ... UtahDan was kidding. We don't need to know about your secret dalliances -really!

You're projecting is an unhealthy thing. Might I suggest staying away from any Catholic schools for the time being. :)

il Padrino Ute 03-24-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201719)

Murray Head!

Bangkok is one bad town.

creekster 03-24-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201732)
If it's real jap anime not only will the character remove the heads of several enemies with his sword but he will also be wearing a frilly dress along with flowing locks of platinum hair!

For my testosterone fix I prefer an Eastwood western or Dirty Harry flic!

But its not real anime, that's the point. It is some sort of digimon stuff that is a bastardized cross of anime and hanna-Barbera and it STILL looks good at this point.

If it weren't for March madness I would have lost my mind by now.

Mormon Red Death 03-24-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 201727)

I have the same plague in my household.... Last night it was "emma"...blah...

Just hope your wife never reads the "twilight" books by stephanie meyer.

il Padrino Ute 03-24-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 201745)

Just hope your wife never reads the "twilight" books by stephanie meyer.

My daughter has read them. I have no idea what they are about, but I do know that if there are movies of them, I can pull the dad power play and squash any attempt to view them in my house.

Mormon Red Death 03-24-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 201747)
My daughter has read them. I have no idea what they are about, but I do know that if there are movies of them, I can pull the dad power play and squash any attempt to view them in my house.

the movie of the first one come out in the fall...

creekster 03-24-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 201745)

Emma. Thye're all the same, it seems ot me. So my wife is watching Emma and I am trying to sdo something else and my 15 year old daughter walks into the room, and says "More Jane Austen? Do you have unfulfilled romantic needs?" At which point both my wife and daughter look at me sadly.

I hate Jane Austen.

tooblue 03-24-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 201735)
You're projecting is an unhealthy thing. Might I suggest staying away from any Catholic schools for the time being. :)

Maybe if you watched a few more chick flicks you'd feel more comfortable and open up a little more ... it can only help you come to terms with your many issues.

il Padrino Ute 03-24-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201751)
Maybe if you watched a few more chick flicks you'd feel more comfortable and open up a little more ... it can only help you come to terms with your many issues.

Chick flicks kill testosterone. And it never comes back.

tooblue 03-24-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 201755)
Chick flicks kill testosterone. And it never comes back.

Kinda like Listerine kills bad breath germs? Of course bad breath always comes back ;)

tooblue 03-24-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 201749)
Emma. Thye're all the same, it seems ot me. So my wife is watching Emma and I am trying to sdo something else and my 15 year old daughter walks into the room, and says "More Jane Austen? Do you have unfulfilled romantic needs?" At which point both my wife and daughter look at me sadly.

I hate Jane Austen.

What do they expect -you're an ape!

RockyBalboa 03-24-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201751)

I see it has helped you come to terms with your homosexuality. Hey,,,kudos that you can overcome that and still have sex with a woman.

SeattleUte 03-24-2008 11:15 PM

LOL. I guess tooblue will never see No Country for Old Men.

tooblue 03-25-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 201772)
I see it has helped you come to terms with your homosexuality. Hey,,,kudos that you can overcome that and still have sex with a woman.

You seem to be struggling with issues and are now lashing out with baseless claims ... are you trying to deflect attention away from you and obvious efforts at overcompensation?

Me thinks you doth protest too much ;)

RockyBalboa 03-25-2008 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201803)
You seem to be struggling with issues and are now lashing out with baseless claims ... are you trying to deflect attention away from you and obvious efforts at overcompensation?

Me thinks you doth protest too much ;)

You'll feel a huge weight lifted if you just stop delaying the inevitable announcement. ;)

tooblue 03-25-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 201837)
You'll feel a huge weight lifted if you just stop delaying the inevitable announcement. ;)

You're right, I've kept this secret too long ... Rocky and Seattle are gay lovers! The animus they often share is an elaborate ruse. I know it's a shock but they will need our understanding.

RockyBalboa 03-25-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 201845)
You're right, I've kept this secret too long ... Rocky and Seattle are gay lovers! The animus they often share is an elaborate ruse. I know it's a shock but they will need our understanding.

And each time you respond solidifies your homosexuality. I pray your wife doesn't read this forum. Or the Catholic schoolboys either for that matter.

creekster 03-25-2008 06:36 AM

As enchanting as the exchange between you two guys has become, I want to go back to the original idea of the thread. I watched the posted ending and really liked it. Except:

SPOILER ALERT READ NO MORE IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOILER

he should have died in both versions. once he returned the vampire's girlfriend, why did they leave him in the lab? they should have eaten him. This made the ending not much better than the actual one distributed, IMO.