cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Jefe's ignore score tactic must have failed (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13107)

SeattleUte 10-22-2007 10:19 PM

Jefe's ignore score tactic must have failed

Most people (folks who hadn't ignored us, the ones who did being a tiny minority overall) wanted to read stuff from guys like Waters and me, so they opted out. I consider the fact that Jefe had to break down and just ban us to be a moral victory. Waters and I are like martyrs.

TripletDaddy 10-22-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 139830)
Most people (folks who hadn't ignored us, a tiny minority overall) wanted to read stuff from guys like Waters and me, so they opted out. I consider the fact that Jefe had to break down and just ban us to be a moral victory. Waters and I are like martyrs.

mar·tyr (mär'tər)
n. One who makes a great show of suffering in order to arouse sympathy.
tr.v., -tyred, -tyr·ing, -tyrs.
[Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Late Greek martur, from Greek martus, martur-, witness.]

MikeWaters 10-23-2007 01:14 AM

I'm not banned. I'm on hunger strike.

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 12:23 AM

I was banned for 36,000 days

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 139830)
Most people (folks who hadn't ignored us, the ones who did being a tiny minority overall) wanted to read stuff from guys like Waters and me, so they opted out. I consider the fact that Jefe had to break down and just ban us to be a moral victory. Waters and I are like martyrs.

He must be in jihad mode.

JohnnyLingo 10-24-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140686)
He must be in jihad mode.

So what's the story?

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 140694)
So what's the story?

The story is the guy obviously has a large stick up his ass. I was first banned for 3 days because I called Sister Beck's talk "misguided." Then when I appealed the ban, he gave me the 36K punishment because he's sick of my attitude. Uhhh....ok.

It's his site, and he can do whatever the hell he wants, but he could at least quit being such a pussy about it. At least be transparent about his intentions, and "rules." The rules page should just simply state the truth, which is he and his fellow ass kissers will ban/suspend anyone, at anytime, for any reason they deem appropriate.

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140699)
The story is the guy obviously has a large stick up his ass. I was first banned for 3 days because I called Sister Beck's talk "misguided." Then when I appealed the ban, he gave me the 36K punishment because he's sick of my attitude. Uhhh....ok.

It's his site, and he can do whatever the hell he wants, but he could at least quit being such a pussy about it. At least be transparent about his intentions, and "rules." The rules page should just simply state the truth, which is he and his fellow ass kissers will ban/suspend anyone, at anytime, for any reason they deem appropriate.

What is the 36K punishment?

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 140702)
What is the 36K punishment?

Oh, sorry. It is my 36K+ day suspension. I referred to it in an earlier post.

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140706)
Oh, sorry. It is my 36K+ day suspension. I referred to it in an earlier post.

I cant be bothered to look for it. what is it? are you essentially banned forever? 36,000 days?

I dont get it. The times I have been suspended (which really arent that many compared to some of you reprobates), I have stated an appeal and usually receive a pretty cordial response (if any). Where does all this arguing come into play?

MikeWaters 10-24-2007 01:22 AM

Norcal how old are you, and how long have your relatives lived? I think you may have a shot, if things go particularly well.

You could always appeal to Jefe Jr. when Jefe passes on. Maybe Jefe Jr. will be the apple that fell from the tree and rolled down the hill, went into the drain, floated into the ocean, landed on an island, and rooted. We can only pray and hope.

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 140708)
I cant be bothered to look for it. what is it? are you essentially banned forever? 36,000 days?

I dont get it. The times I have been suspended (which really arent that many compared to some of you reprobates), I have stated an appeal and usually receive a pretty cordial response (if any). Where does all this arguing come into play?

Oh sorry...didn't want to bother you to scroll up the thread.

There is no "getting" El Heffer. He suspended me. I appealed with an argument as to why I did not break any rules, and he then decided to suspend me for 36,ooo days. I feel sorry for his kids.

cougjunkie 10-24-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140804)

There is no "getting" El Heffer. He suspended me. I appealed with an argument as to why I did not break any rules, and he then decided to suspend me for 36,ooo days. I feel sorry for his kids.

There are always two sides to these stories, can we get a CB mod to post Norcals appeal?

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140804)

So it is kind of misleading to call it "36k+"

To be more accurate, it is "=36k"

Perhaps you can appeal it down to 25,000 days? I know Tim and BDB read appeals. Maybe they can help.

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 140829)
So it is kind of misleading to call it "36k+"

To be more accurate, it is "=36k"

No, 36K+ is not misleading, because the exact number of days is 36,524.

Jeff Lebowski 10-24-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140845)
No, 36K+ is not misleading, because the exact number of days is 36,524.

Hmmm.... Let me think here.... What is unique about that number?

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 140811)
There are always two sides to these stories, can we get a CB mod to post Norcals appeal?

LOL, oh you want the other side do you? Here it is.

Date/Time Function Violation Moderator Appeal
10/12/07 10:01pm Board Other El Jefe File an appeal
Description: Frankly, I'm just sick of having you and your attitude on this site.
Suspension: The moderator gave a 36524-day suspension associated with this penalty.

10/12/07 8:50am Board Religion El Jefe Hide Appeal
Description: Saying that Sis. Beck's talk was "a little misguided"
Comments: Please re-read the religion rule
Suspension: The moderator gave a 3-day suspension associated with this penalty.
Appeal: OK, I re-read the religion rule. I don't know how opining that Sis. Beck's talk was misguided breaks the rule. This is nonsense.

woot 10-24-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140850)
LOL, oh you want the other side do you? Here it is.

Date/Time Function Violation Moderator Appeal
10/12/07 10:01pm Board Other El Jefe File an appeal
Description: Frankly, I'm just sick of having you and your attitude on this site.
Suspension: The moderator gave a 36524-day suspension associated with this penalty.

10/12/07 8:50am Board Religion El Jefe Hide Appeal
Description: Saying that Sis. Beck's talk was "a little misguided"
Comments: Please re-read the religion rule
Suspension: The moderator gave a 3-day suspension associated with this penalty.
Appeal: OK, I re-read the religion rule. I don't know how opining that Sis. Beck's talk was misguided breaks the rule. This is nonsense.

Wow, Jefe is a small, small man.

il Padrino Ute 10-24-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 140859)
Wow, Jefe is a small, small man.

Yes he is. Here's a recent photo:

http://www.utefans.net/user_images/1...83_profile.jpg

venomous viper 10-24-2007 08:02 AM

my recent appeal

I have to tell you that I've been banned several times. I just recently appealed a suspension and Jefe DID listen, respond and DID reduce the ban from 30 days to time served, about a week. First time an appeal had worked. My case WAS strong, though. The rules are very fuzzy, and subject to mods desire. A couple mods are very loose cannons, and I told Jefe so....

BYU71 10-24-2007 01:39 PM

I always start my appeals off with something like, "this is not an appeal but an observation." Then I go on to explain why I thought my suspension was a piece of crap.

I just feel that by appealing I am admitting that they actually have rules and not general guidelines that some are allowed to interpret.

It could be a lot worse. The mods on the board are really pretty good people. Think of who he could have on their as mods.

Indy Coug 10-24-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 140849)
Hmmm.... Let me think here.... What is unique about that number?

Plug it into an Excel spreadsheet.

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 140886)
It could be a lot worse. The mods on the board are really pretty good people. Think of who he could have on their as mods.

Don't know how much worse it could be. If Jefe just has it out for you, he will find any reason to suspend you.

My theory is that he was picked on and teased as a boy, and is now getting his nerd's revenge. Taking out his angst against his tormentors from Junior High by flexing his virtual muscles on his web site.

ewth8tr 10-24-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 141001)
Don't know how much worse it could be. If Jefe just has it out for you, he will find any reason to suspend you.

My theory is that he was picked on and teased as a boy, and is now getting his nerd's revenge. Taking out his angst against his tormentors from Junior High by flexing his virtual muscles on his web site.

either that, or he thinks you are a dick.

jay santos 10-24-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140699)

You're banned longer than I am. I got the 36K day ban as well, but I've served a thousand of it already. If I can live to be 140 or so I can post again. I'm going to eat healthy and make it a goal.

Tex 10-24-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewth8tr (Post 141005)

Heh. I wonder if he finds it as amusing as I do that there's usually at least one "hate Jefe" / "hate CB" thread floating around on here.

He may be one of the few people more infamous on CG than me.

jay santos 10-24-2007 04:35 PM

Lingo and now Norcal. Mike, it looks like Jefe's in a war with you. He's got a brilliant strategist working for him.

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

hey, dont you mean goatnapper?

*rimshot*

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 141008)
Heh. I wonder if he finds it as amusing as I do that there's usually at least one "hate Jefe" / "hate CB" thread floating around on here.

What is amusing is that those who complain the most about Jefe rarely acknowledge that they are amongst the biggest muckrakers on CB.

If you feel the need to be heard all the time, then why get upset if someone tells you to shut up once in a while? Even if they tell you to shut up for 36,000+ days?

If you want to voice your own opinion in an unfettered fashion, then start your own blog. Or do what mike did and start your own website. Or try talking to other humans around you.

BYU71 10-24-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 141008)

You really ought to stop this. I was told as a youth those that get off on themselves go blind.

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

I'm sure he does. Which I could not care less about. Like I already posted before, he should stop the charade, and just post on his rules page that anyone and everyone is subject to his arbitrary and subjective banishments, which may or may not have anything to do with the "rules."

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 141013)
What is amusing is that those who complain the most about Jefe rarely acknowledge that they are amongst the biggest muckrakers on CB.

If you feel the need to be heard all the time, then why get upset if someone tells you to shut up once in a while? Even if they tell you to shut up for 36,000+ days?

If you want to voice your own opinion in an unfettered fashion, then start your own blog. Or do what mike did and start your own website. Or try talking to other humans around you.

What are you talking about? Did you even read my posts in this thread?

LOL...what is a "muckracker" to CB and Jefe is often times ridiculous.

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 141181)
What are you talking about? Did you even read my posts in this thread?

LOL...what is a "muckracker" to CB and Jefe is often times ridiculous.

Yes, I read them. My reply was aimed not specifically at you, but at everyone who comes here and makes more than a passing comment about getting in trouble on CB. The practice makes little sense to me.

With regards to you specifically, surely you recognize that you argue a lot on CB and are far from a lowest-common-denominator poster (not saying I dont annoy many people, too, nor that you annoyed me). I think EWT's response to you kind of hints to this fact--although I am not speaking for EWT.

Your 36K ban is likely not the result of the the two boardmails you posted, but a littany of boardmails or conflicts with mods.

I agree that muckraking is subjective there. In fact, some of the biggest troublemakers there are quite conservative politically. But they get busted, too, I would guess, from time to time.

I guess what I am really trying to say is,

Can I borrow a feeling?
Can you send me a jar of love?
Hurting hearts need some healing.
Take my hand with your glove of love.

JohnnyLingo 10-24-2007 08:39 PM

Triplet, don't bother. I have fought this fight a million times here with zero results. Whining about CB and Jefe is the thing to do here on CG.

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 141207)
Triplet, don't bother. I have fought this fight a million times here with zero results. Whining about CB and Jefe is the thing to do here on CG.

There does seem to be a general obsession with it here, yes.

I guess to clarify, I suppose there will always be CB talk here. My poorly worded point was that those who do complain rarely acknowledge that they were troublemakers on the other board, anyway. So why complain when you finally do get into trouble?

Anyway, no point in beating an already dead horse.

cougjunkie 10-24-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 141215)

I guess to clarify, I suppose there will always be CB talk here. My poorly worded point was that those who do complain rarely acknowledge that they were troublemakers on the other board, anyway. So why complain when you finally do get into trouble?

I will admit that about 50% of my 100 supensions/warnings were deserved, the other 50% resulted from my previous 50% putting me on a short leash.

I do still feel like calling Norcal a pillow biter should be allowed.

NorCal Cat 10-25-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 141215)

Obsession? Hardly. I am not the one that started this thread. I simply added to the discussion mentioning I was given the 36K punishment. I did not expand upon that until someone asked for the details.

The reason I post about this CB crap on here is because CB prohibits any discussion about it.

"Troublemaker?" That's the whole point of the my CB discussions on here! Jefe and his fellow butt-kissers are totally subjective, and arbitrary about their enforcement of the "rules." And what they consider "troublemaking" is out right ridiculous in many cases.

As for you Lingo, what the hell do you care about people bitching on here about CB? No one's forcing you to read the posts.

BYU71 10-25-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 141627)
Obsession? Hardly. I am not the one that started this thread. I simply added to the discussion mentioning I was given the 36K punishment. I did not expand upon that until someone asked for the details.

The reason I post about this CB crap on here is because CB prohibits any discussion about it.

"Troublemaker?" That's the whole point of the my CB discussions on here! Jefe and his fellow butt-kissers are totally subjective, and arbitrary about their enforcement of the "rules." And what they consider "troublemaking" is out right ridiculous in many cases.

As for you Lingo, what the hell do you care about people bitching on here about CB? No one's forcing you to read the posts.

Lingo is looking for the opportunity to be someone's or some groups conscience.

JohnnyLingo 10-25-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 141627)

I don't anymore. I obviously did at one time, but now I don't give a flying crap. Go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 141702)
Lingo is looking for the opportunity to be someone's or some groups conscience.

Can I be yours? That would be fun.

BYU71 10-25-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 141708)
I don't anymore. I obviously did at one time, but now I don't give a flying crap. Go for it.

No, I enjoy not having one.

TripletDaddy 10-25-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 141708)

Lingo, I am relatively new here. Why does everyone here appear to hate your E-guts? I honestly do not know.

I get that there is a pack hunt mentality against you here (which is ironic given the complaints of similar pack hunting on the other board), but what is the genesis of so much scorn?