cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Let me introduce myself (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13007)

Indy Coug 10-19-2007 02:51 PM

Let me introduce myself

Hi.

YOhio 10-19-2007 03:03 PM

That's a greeting not an introduction.

Indy Coug 10-19-2007 03:04 PM

Hi, I'm Indy Coug.

Indy Coug 10-19-2007 03:07 PM

Indy Coug tidbit: I've lived in 7 different states and 3 different countries.

States
1. Utah
2. Texas
3. Idaho
4. Tennessee
5. Indiana
6. Colorado
7. Pennsylvania

Countries
1. Holland
2. Saudi Arabia
3. England

Requiem 10-19-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 138664)

States
1. Utah
2. Texas
3. Idaho
4. Tennessee
5. Indiana
6. Colorado
7. Pennsylvania

Countries
1. Holland
2. Saudi Arabia
3. England

Exactly what felonies landed you in the Witness Protection Program?

Indy Coug 10-19-2007 03:15 PM

I just like to make life a living hell for as many people in as many different wards as possible. Do you still live in Virginia?

TripletDaddy 10-19-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 138664)

States
1. Utah
2. Texas
3. Idaho
4. Tennessee
5. Indiana
6. Colorado
7. Pennsylvania

Countries
1. Holland
2. Saudi Arabia
3. England

How did you manage to live in all those countries, but never the United States? Amazing.

Where in the world is Indy San Diego now?

BYU71 10-19-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 138672)
How did you manage to live in all those countries, but never the United States? Amazing.

Where in the world is Indy San Diego now?

I was going to try and give him a break and say, different Countries means different from the USA. However he used the term different States. I hope he is now in a State different from the ones he named or I won't be able to use this defense.

TripletDaddy 10-19-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 138674)
I was going to try and give him a break and say, different Countries means different from the USA. However he used the term different States. I hope he is now in a State different from the ones he named or I won't be able to use this defense.

Really, if he would just choose better places to live to begin with, he wouldn't have to move around so much.

Indy Coug 10-19-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 138682)
Really, if he would just choose better places to live to begin with, he wouldn't have to move around so much.

I would have stayed in Colorado forever if the job hadn't sucked so much.

P.S. It ain't easy finding a life actuary job out west. If a job doesn't pan out, there isn't another office down the street that's hiring.

dut99002 10-19-2007 07:18 PM

Moral of the story: Don't become an actuary.

;)

Indy Coug 10-19-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dut99002 (Post 138825)
Moral of the story: Don't become an actuary.

;)

Yeah, I was pretty naive, but I already cast my lot with this profession, so what are you gonna do?

I've "diversified" now into computer programming with an actuarial bent, but that's a very small subset of a very small set.

minn_stat 10-20-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 138699)
I would have stayed in Colorado forever if the job hadn't sucked so much.

My sentiments exactly, Indy. I often tell people if I could have my current job in Minnesota, but live in our last Colorado home, I would never consider another job. Except it would be a long commute :)

Indy Coug 10-21-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minn_stat (Post 139149)
My sentiments exactly, Indy. I often tell people if I could have my current job in Minnesota, but live in our last Colorado home, I would never consider another job. Except it would be a long commute :)

Castle Rock and environs is about to close to heaven as you're going to find in the Continental 48.

minn_stat 10-21-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 139288)
Castle Rock and environs is about to close to heaven as you're going to find in the Continental 48.

My wife's two brothers lived in Castle Rock, one still lives there. It is a nice place.

We were on the other side of Denver, in Longmont. Not as pretty of a setting as Castle Rock. But the best run town I've ever lived in, all the major roads were built with growth in mind. In the middle of the drought (around 2003), every city around us was on mandatory water restrictions, but Longmont never went beyond voluntary restrictions. Any developer who wants to build in the city has to deed 3 acre-feet of water over to the city for every acre in the development.

One hour from our front door to Rocky Mountain National Park. We'd go up there for a picnic, hike, or camping trip five or six times every year. 30 minutes from Boulder, 45 minutes from downtown Denver. About the right concentration of mormons (about 3%) for my taste, keeps the wards a reasonable size. Close to our families in Utah.

Surfah 10-21-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 139288)

Castle Rock is okay. Too close to Colorado Springs which has far too many whack job Christians, NORAD conspiracy theorists, and AFA.

I prefer NW area like Lakewood or Golden. Highlands Ranch isn't too bad but crowded now.

Indy Coug 10-22-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 139330)
Castle Rock is okay. Too close to Colorado Springs which has far too many whack job Christians, NORAD conspiracy theorists, and AFA.

I prefer NW area like Lakewood or Golden. Highlands Ranch isn't too bad but crowded now.

The Springs are 45 minutes away, that's enough of a buffer zone. We enjoyed making the short trip down there from time to time to go see Garden of the Gods and have a picnic down there.

The Pike's Peak drive was fun too.