cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   What should this site be? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Petition protesting Waters' banishment of TripletDaddy from CG (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24680)

SeattleUte 11-12-2008 05:58 PM

Petition protesting Waters' banishment of TripletDaddy from CG

Please sign the petition or indicate you decline to sign.

creekster 11-12-2008 06:14 PM

To those who may not know, Triplet was banned by MW in a display of caprice that was uncalled for and improper, IMO.

SeattleUte 11-12-2008 06:28 PM

I bet Arch is one who won't sign.

Runner Coug 11-12-2008 06:35 PM

I would sign it, but I'm getting the feeling that there's some silly hoax going on, and that two days from now all will be restored to normal and some of you will have a great time laughing at how dumb those of us not in the loop are.

Oh what the hell, I'll sign it anyway.

Archaea 11-12-2008 06:41 PM

I understand the community's desires, but my loyalty to Mike persuades me to allow him to do what he wishes with his site. If he asks me my opinion I will share it.

Yes Seattle I took your bait, so you may laugh, but there is no shame in loyalty. Be that as it may, I bear DDD no ill will, not this week at least. I suspect more is a foot than the players will admit.

SeattleUte 11-12-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 294315)
I would sign it, but I'm getting the feeling that there's some silly hoax going on, and that two days from now all will be restored to normal and some of you will have a great time laughing at how dumb those of us not in the loop are.

Oh what the hell, I'll sign it anyway.

I promise there's no hoax. On my honor. This is for real. Waters hates 3D.

SeattleUte 11-12-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 294322)
I understand the community's desires, but my loyalty to Mike persuades me to allow him to do what he wishes with his site. If he asks me my opinion I will share it.

Yes Seattle I took your bait, so you may laugh, but there is no shame in loyalty. Be that as it may, I bear DDD no ill will, not this week at least. I suspect more is a foot than the players will admit.

You're angry because 3D has teased you about the lunch wherein you escaped without paying your share (so he relates, anyway).

Archaea 11-12-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 294323)
I promise there's no hoax. On my honor. This is for real. Waters hates 3D.

In this, you err. Mike does not bear ill will toward others. But you are a witting player in the play. Deceive not though.

Archaea 11-12-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 294324)
You're angry because 3D has teased you about the lunch wherein you escaped without paying your share (so he relates, anyway).

A psychologist you are not, but a capable advocate you may be.

creekster 11-12-2008 06:54 PM

If it si a hoax, I am duped.

Archaea 11-12-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 294337)
If it si a hoax, I am duped.

Zapped.

CJF 11-12-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 294341)
Zapped.

If it is a hoax, someone should tell DDD. I do not believe he has been clued in. Maybe he'll find some humor in it. I sure don't.

BarbaraGordon 11-12-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJF (Post 294383)
If it is a hoax, someone should tell DDD. I do not believe he has been clued in. Maybe he'll find some humor in it. I sure don't.

TD finds humor in everything. That's why TD is the winner in the end, no matter what this is or what becomes of it. If he's in collusion, then he got to play the game, if not, then this simply proves everything TD ever tried to suggest about Mike and the board.

MikeWaters 11-12-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJF (Post 294383)

I don't know why moderators for Jefe spend their time here. Don't they have work to be doing on CB?

Sorry, you can't believe in both this place and CB. It's not possible.

Cali Coug 11-12-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 294390)
I don't know why moderators for Jefe spend their time here. Don't they have work to be doing on CB?

Sorry, you can't believe in both this place and CB. It's not possible.

Really? They look pretty similar these days.

Levin 11-12-2008 07:54 PM

So DDD was a moderator for CB and that got him banished from here? That's like banishing Marlin K. from the Democratic Party b/c he's a GA.

BarbaraGordon 11-12-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 294395)
So DDD was a moderator for CG and that got him banished from here? That's like banishing Marlin K. from the Democratic Party b/c he's a GA.

TD is not a mod.

Tex 11-12-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 294405)

Quote:

Tex, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Apparently I'm not in the club.

Levin 11-12-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 294419)
Apparently I'm not in the club.

I got the same message.

For a man who likes large tents, he knows how to make small ones.

But if it's that inner sanctum thing, then I don't begrudge them. They need their watering hole.

Levin 11-12-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 294401)
TD is not a mod.

What's the deal then? DDD crack one too many jokes? Take one thing not seriously enough?

BarbaraGordon 11-12-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 294449)
But if it's that inner sanctum thing, then I don't begrudge them. They need their watering hole.

Hey! No talking like that. You don't want to risk sounding like Lingo.

Just make sure Sooner doesn't nominate you next time. Ask Farrah to. Either that or ask Mike to actively lobby against you. You'll be in in a landslide.

BarbaraGordon 11-12-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 294450)
What's the deal then? DDD crack one too many jokes? Take one thing not seriously enough?

Mike just wants attention again. It killed him that the board was actually more active in his absence, so he's trying desperately and shamelessly to reassert his relevance.

Levin 11-12-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 294452)
Mike just wants attention again. It killed him that the board was actually more active in his absence, so he's trying desperately and shamelessly to reassert his relevance.

I kind of think it's a play on the Godfather, with Michael returning and murdering his adversaries. He is acting out the end of the Godfather as we speak; who else has been slain? Whoever else may die tonight, we know MikeWaters stands in a cathedral surrounded by a soaring hymn as his baby is sprinkled with water, and DDD is sprinkled with blood. I think DDD is in on it. Who else can say they acted out the Godfather on a message board?

TripletDaddy 11-12-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 294458)
I kind of think it's a play on the Godfather, with Michael returning and murdering his adversaries. He is acting out the end of the Godfather as we speak; who else has been slain? Whoever else may die tonight, we know MikeWaters stands in a cathedral surrounded by a soaring hymn as his baby is sprinkled with water, and DDD is sprinkled with blood. I think DDD is in on it. Who else can say they acted out the Godfather on a message board?

that actually wasn't his baby. It was sofia coppola. true story.

Tex 11-12-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 294449)
I got the same message.

For a man who likes large tents, he knows how to make small ones.

Heh, I think it's where they go to hide from CB. Ah, the fear Jefe creates!

BarbaraGordon 11-12-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 294327)
In this, you err. Mike does not bear ill will toward others. But you are a witting player in the play. Deceive not though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 294329)
A psychologist you are not, but a capable advocate you may be.

Yoda?

creekster 11-12-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 294538)
Yoda?

Make fun of him you do?

jay santos 11-13-2008 03:05 PM

I guess I missed all this. Sounds like it would have been interesting.

MikeWaters 11-13-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 294734)
I guess I missed all this. Sounds like it would have been interesting.

The exodus has started. Some people are leaving or planning to leave the site because they don't like the way I run it.

I've wished them well. And frankly, I wish they would hurry up and get gone.

Tex 11-13-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 294737)
The exodus has started. Some people are leaving or planning to leave the site because they don't like the way I run it.

Making the kingdom smaller is a lot easier than making it bigger.

BarbaraGordon 11-13-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

And warn the people with a loud voice of the desolation and utter abolishment which await them if they do reject these things.

MikeWaters 11-13-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 294757)
And warn the people with a loud voice of the desolation and utter abolishment which await them if they do reject these things.

I've held them as a mother hen her chicks. I have done nothing but protect and nurture. They must find the foxes for themselves now.

BarbaraGordon 11-13-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 294763)
I've held them as a mother hen her chicks. I have done nothing but protect and nurture. They must find the foxes for themselves now.

"I told you, but you did not believe. You do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

TripletDaddy 11-13-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Exodus....movement of Jah people.

I think if people left, it would not be because they do not like how the site is run. They just don't like the childish behavior some of the time. Big difference.

Did tooblue ever get his site going?

BarbaraGordon 11-13-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 294795)
Did tooblue ever get his site going?

I don't think so, but you can join us at soonerguard.com. Sure, we're a bit whiny and spend a lot of time in denial, but I've yet to see any messianic rhetoric or mafia talk from any of the mods.

TripletDaddy 11-13-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 294796)
I don't think so, but you can join us at soonerguard.com. Sure, we're a bit whiny and spend a lot of time in denial, but I've yet to see any messianic rhetoric or mafia talk from any of the mods.

I'm not allowed to post on soonerguard right now.

SeattleUte 11-13-2008 07:07 PM

People should still sign the petition even though 3D's privileges have been restored. We must still protest the original action, which may have a chilling effect. I've noticed 3D seems a little bruised, off his game and fearful now. Which is a shame. Who knows how the trauma is overcome.

MikeWaters 11-13-2008 07:08 PM

I made a statement recently, that the next "revelatory" prophet in the LDS church would be an artist.

I don't consider tooblue to be that kind of artist.

No meanness intended. Just stating my opinion.

Remember, Moses never did see the promised land. He suffered, was rejected, mocked, and kicked around til the end of his days.

MikeWaters 11-13-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 294827)
People should still sign the petition even though 3D's privileges have been restored. We must still protest the original action, which may have a chilling effect. I've noticed 3D seems a little bruised, off his game and fearful now. Which is a shame. Who knows how the trauma is overcome.

are you still here? don't you have somewhere to be?

TripletDaddy 11-13-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 294827)

I would have appreciated a little aid and comfort yesterday over on CB.