cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bronco is terrible at clock management and a horrible game coach. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24226)

Archaea 11-02-2008 01:15 AM

Bronco is terrible at clock management and a horrible game coach.

Damn him.

He should be coach in charge of football administration but not head football coach. I hate the way he plays his team in tight situation. Damn him.

This team is an abortion.

Surfah 11-02-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 287913)
Damn him.

He should be coach in charge of football administration but not head football coach. I hate the way he plays his team in tight situation. Damn him.

Or maybe he just knows his piss poor defense so well that he managed the clock to score so as to leave little time for CSU.

tooblue 11-02-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Damn him.

Please -- you're a football snob and the worst kind of arm chair QB.

Indy Coug 11-02-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

What a wanker.

Archaea 11-02-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 287938)
What a wanker.

The team should be destroying UNLV and CSU and is a loss waiting to happen.

PaloAltoCougar 11-02-2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Except for the fact that the team is 8-1, will likely end the season with 10 wins or more for the third year in the row, has one of the best and most fun-to-watch offenses in the nation, has given Bronco the best winning percentage of any coach in BYU history, finds a way to win close games, and will still be ranked in the top 20, I couldn't agree more.

Good sir, keep your powder dry for a time when BYU truly sucks. Watch some game tape of SDSU, Washington State, or a host of other schools, to refine your definition of football abortions.

Yeah, I get that the defense is very weak, but the team is entertaining, doesn't quit, and consistently plays at or above the available talent level. I hope for better things, but overall I'm enjoying BYU football.

myboynoah 11-02-2008 01:17 AM

What exactly was the clock management problem? That he left 22 seconds on the clock?

Goatnapper'96 11-02-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Damn him.

There she goes...there she goes right now!

Archaea, the defense is awful. Despite this the team is likely to be ranked in the top 20 and is likely to start next year in the top 20. Bronco is to blame for the sorry state of affairs concerning talent on defense. That is the reason BYU is not a great team this year.

However, he is a wee bit better of a head football coach than you give him credit.

Take this in the loving way it is intended. Good Brother you need to pull the string. Seriously.

HuskyFreeNorthwest 11-02-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Damn him.

Abortion is so 1988. You would have scored some points had you said this team is so No on Prop 8.

Goatnapper'96 11-02-2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 287943)
What exactly was the clock management problem? That he left 22 seconds on the clock?

To some people 22 seconds is a long time. Perhaps Arch can send our condolences to his dear eternal companion.

Archaea 11-02-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 287949)

Archaea, the defense is awful. Despite this the team is likely to be ranked in the top 20 and is likely to start next year in the top 20. Bronco is to blame for the sorry state of affairs concerning talent on defense. That is the reason BYU is not a great team this year.

However, he is a wee bit better of a head football coach than you give him credit.

Take this in the loving way it is intended. Good Brother you need to pull the string. Seriously.

His defensive scheme sucks, and he should invest some time in upgrading the defensive talent. I'd give your right nut for a decent cover guy and Junkie's left nut for a good middle linebacker.

myboynoah 11-02-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 287953)
To some people 22 seconds is a long time. Perhaps Arch can send our condolences to his dear eternal companion.

And using all three alotted timeouts during that 22 seconds.

Goatnapper'96 11-02-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 287954)
His defensive scheme sucks, and he should invest some time in upgrading the defensive talent. I'd give your right nut for a decent cover guy and Junkie's left nut for a good middle linebacker.

I am glad it is my nut on the block for a good cover guy. Despite the fact that my nuts are naturally not real well plumbed and add the fact that I allowed a bitter former Poke footballer to take a scalpel to both my left and right nuts to ensure that there is less than a Lloyd Christmaslike chance of me ever hitting the ol atom, I am confident that I will escape unscathed.

Junkie on the other hand is likely to lose his nut. I am thinking good middle linebackers show up pretty regularly in Provo.

But hey one working nut might be better than two useless nuts. However, both Junkie and I are still far more masculine than a certain stringpulling whiner on this venue that we all love and adore.

Archaea 11-02-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 287959)
I am glad it is my nut on the block for a good cover guy. Despite the fact that my nuts are naturally not real well plumbed and add the fact that I allowed a bitter former Poke footballer to take a scalpel to both my left and right nuts to ensure that there is less than a Lloyd Christmaslike chance of me ever hitting the ol atom, I am confident that I will escape unscathed.

Junkie on the other hand is likely to lose his nut. I am thinking good middle linebackers show up pretty regularly in Provo.

But hey one working nut might be better than two useless nuts. However, both Junkie and I are still far more masculine than a certain stringpulling whiner on this venue that we all love and adore.

It is not nice of you to refer to Indy and Pac in those terms. I know a Wyoming surgeon who perform the operation without anesthesia. Should be a bargain.

Jeff Lebowski 11-02-2008 01:29 AM

LOL.

Archaea, you may want to consider not posting on football until the day after the game. Seriously.

Archaea 11-02-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 287964)
LOL.

Archaea, you may want to consider not posting on football until the day after the game. Seriously.

Perhaps, but I still find Bronco's game preparation to be poor, and his defensive schemes to be somewhat questionable.

cougjunkie 11-02-2008 01:34 AM

I will only donate my nut for Manti Te'o. If we land him I will let landpoke remove it with his rusty leatherman.

Archaea 11-02-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 287969)
I will only donate my nut for Manti Te'o. If we land him I will let landpoke remove it with his rusty leatherman.

Team player you are.

TripletDaddy 11-02-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 287949)

What am I missing?

Those arent the lyrics to There She Goes Again.

Are you quoting a different song?

BlueHair 11-02-2008 01:44 AM

I would give both nuts to go back in time and land KW. They should have canned Crowton a year earlier. Our offense probably wouldn't be quite as good, but the defense would be a lot better. Hell, I would give a least a nut for New Mexico's defense. There is no reason a shit hole like New Mexico should have better talent than BYU.

tooblue 11-02-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 287954)

You mean like the talent he lost to graduation and had to replace this year?

Archaea 11-02-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 287981)

That UNM is more talented than we are on defense is inexcusable.

cougjunkie 11-02-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooblue (Post 287981)

Shhh! Dont tell him that we only returned 3 starters on defense. Also dont remind him that under Broncos tutelage the last two years we have been ranked:

9th in 2006
10th in 2007

in scoring defense.

Archaea 11-02-2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 287987)
Shhh! Dont tell him that we only returned 3 starters on defense. Also dont remind him that under Broncos tutelage the last two years we have been ranked:

9th in 2006
10th in 2007

in scoring defense.

Then why are we playing a three four this year, and lining Jorgenson over the guard?

Why is Fowler still playing?

Where are our lock down corners?

cougjunkie 11-02-2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 287988)
Then why are we playing a three four this year, and lining Jorgenson over the guard?

Why is Fowler still playing?

Where are our lock down corners?

1. Jorgensen lining up over the guard is inexcusable.

2. Face it we dont have any other options besides playing Fowler. Especially with Tafuna being hurt.

3. BYU has had lock down corners once in their history and that was Morgan and Mctyer. Since 1996 the best corners we have had were Brian Gray and Jernaro Gilford hardly world beaters.

BYU has to win defensively with good linebackers, and a scheme that hides the secondary, that is how it has always been. The problem is this year we dont have good linebackers.

Archaea 11-02-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 288003)
1. Jorgensen lining up over the guard is inexcusable.

2. Face it we dont have any other options besides playing Fowler. Especially with Tafuna being hurt.

3. BYU has had lock down corners once in their history and that was Morgan and Mctyer. Since 1996 the best corners we have had were Brian Gray and Jernaro Gilford hardly world beaters.

BYU has to win defensively with good linebackers, and a scheme that hides the secondary, that is how it has always been. The problem is this year we dont have good linebackers.

Why no Shiloah Teo? I know he's injured this week.

You didn't answer the four three question. And why is Bronco not responsible for ensuring we had adequate linebackers?

cougjunkie 11-02-2008 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 288014)
Why no Shiloah Teo? I know he's injured this week.

You didn't answer the four three question. And why is Bronco not responsible for ensuring we had adequate linebackers?

You really want to play a 4-3? With who Foketi as the other tackle? We didnt recruit for a 4-3 we are terribly thin at D-tackle.

Archaea 11-02-2008 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 288024)
You really want to play a 4-3? With who Foketi as the other tackle? We didnt recruit for a 4-3 we are terribly thin at D-tackle.

We're thin on the line, we're thin at the backers, and we have no dbs, but Bronco bears no blame?

cougjunkie 11-02-2008 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 288026)
We're thin on the line, we're thin at the backers, and we have no dbs, but Bronco bears no blame?

We have good D-ends, but we didnt recruit the tackle position because we only play one.

Linebackers we were fine before the losses of Hooks, So'oto and Nelson, 3 projected starters/significant contributors.

The secondary is the same as always, mediocre that needs to be covered up.

Archaea 11-02-2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 288030)
We have good D-ends, but we didnt recruit the tackle position because we only play one.

Linebackers we were fine before the losses of Hooks, So'oto and Nelson, 3 projected starters/significant contributors.

The secondary is the same as always, mediocre that needs to be covered up.

What do we have for next year to make it better? Anybody coming in to shore up our deficiencies? Will So'oto get a redshirt?

cougjunkie 11-02-2008 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 288032)
What do we have for next year to make it better? Anybody coming in to shore up our deficiencies? Will So'oto get a redshirt?

So'oto got his redshirt so he will be back.

THe secondary we do get Robbie Buckner back, very promising before his misson, but I doubt he plays much as a true freshman.

Shiloah is not planning on a mission as of now, I think if Rich and Te'o started at safety we would be very good.

Corners will most likely be Bradley and Johnson which hopefully with another year will be serviceable.

We dont have a lot of help coming in we can really only hope for improvement from teh players we have and be grateful that Fowler and Tafuna are graduating.

Archaea 11-02-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 288036)
So'oto got his redshirt so he will be back.

THe secondary we do get Robbie Buckner back, very promising before his misson, but I doubt he plays much as a true freshman.

Shiloah is not planning on a mission as of now, I think if Rich and Te'o started at safety we would be very good.

Corners will most likely be Bradley and Johnson which hopefully with another year will be serviceable.

We dont have a lot of help coming in we can really only hope for improvement from teh players we have and be grateful that Fowler and Tafuna are graduating.

Do we have a bead on any JC players to improve or to shore up our depth?

cougjunkie 11-02-2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 288037)
Do we have a bead on any JC players to improve or to shore up our depth?

Not that I have heard about. We actually had a huge loss in recruiting last year, when an LDS, African American, JC safety spurned us for Minnesota. Simoni Lawrence would have been huge for BYU. He was coming in as a true sophomore runs a legit 4.45 and he had actually committed to Penn State out of highschool. But he decided he wanted to go to Minnesota. It was a close battle and he had a hard time deciding.

Goatnapper'96 11-02-2008 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 288041)
Not that I have heard about. We actually had a huge loss in recruiting last year, when an LDS, African American, JC safety spurned us for Minnesota. Simoni Lawrence would have been huge for BYU. He was coming in as a true sophomore runs a legit 4.45 and he had actually committed to Penn State out of highschool. But he decided he wanted to go to Minnesota. It was a close battle and he had a hard time deciding.

He was a loss. He plays SS for the Gophers and is good.

BlueHair 11-02-2008 04:37 AM

The church needs to focus on baptizing AA's. Then they need to instruct the Patriarchs to throw in something about attending BYU in their blessings. It's our only hope.

marne 11-03-2008 02:13 AM

CougJunkie, Why do you not think Robbie Buckner could play next year? He returns in Feb. 09, he was ahead of Howard in the rotation before he left on his mission, and he has had a very physically demanding mission. I am just curious why you don't think he will even have a shot at PT?

cougjunkie 11-03-2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marne (Post 288359)
CougJunkie, Why do you not think Robbie Buckner could play next year? He returns in Feb. 09, he was ahead of Howard in the rotation before he left on his mission, and he has had a very physically demanding mission. I am just curious why you don't think he will even have a shot at PT?

I think Buckner is the real deal. The problem is Jaime Hill is very loyal to his guys. It is going to take an outstanding spring and fall for him to unseat Howard, Bradley or Johnson. Since we rarely rotate DBs he is going to have to know the scheme and get up to speed in a hurry. I expect he will play about as much as G Pittman did before his academic suspension which wasnt much.

Cali Coug 11-03-2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 288441)
I think Buckner is the real deal. The problem is Jaime Hill is very loyal to his guys. It is going to take an outstanding spring and fall for him to unseat Howard, Bradley or Johnson. Since we rarely rotate DBs he is going to have to know the scheme and get up to speed in a hurry. I expect he will play about as much as G Pittman did before his academic suspension which wasnt much.

I would like to see Ashworth moved to DB and Howard moved to WR.

marne 11-03-2008 01:54 PM

Cougjunkie, I can conceed your point and agree that Rob will have to do all the things you mentioned to be in the running for playtime.

Goatnapper'96 11-03-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 288522)
I would like to see Ashworth moved to DB and Howard moved to WR.

Howard will be improved next year and likely one of BYU's top 3 cornerbacks. I think he needs to stay at cornerback. I wouldn't mind seeing Ashworth moved to safety and I think moving Covey to cornerback might be a good idea as well.