cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Into the clink. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1228)

Brian 01-26-2006 05:38 PM

Into the clink.

Wow, Thibius is on one. He gave me 30 days probation for posting some random words in chat. Included is a sampling. I continued on this train of thought with some thoughts on palm trees.

=============================
cowboy.

hat

boots

rope

chew

bunion

grader

cheese

carrot

=====================

What an ass hat.

Regards,
Brian

cougjunkie 01-26-2006 05:49 PM

are you serious 30 days? what a joke.

Robin 01-26-2006 05:52 PM

Re: Into the clink.

r.f.

ute4ever 01-26-2006 05:58 PM

I am Sofa King!
We Todd did!

I am Sofa King!
We Todd did!

Brian 01-26-2006 06:12 PM

yep, 30 days:

1/24/06 9:49pm Chat Other Thibious
Show Appeal
Description: Trolling in chat. See 1/24/05 8:00 pm chat log.
Comments: You've been warned twice before for trolling. Be aware that continued trolling could result in a permanent ban.
Probation: The moderator gave a 30-day probation associated with this penalty.
Appeal: 30 days? For trolling? I assume you mean the random stuff I typed when I first went into chat. There was one person in there, IVV. One person. I was just having fun with IVV. I guess I need to know the definition of trolling. I've added numerous random thoughts on many occasions in chat and this is the first time I've been penalized for it.

Regards,
Brian

El Jefe claimed IVV was "offended by my random thoughts" as IVV said:

"me entering chat...and brian following...just so he can be
annoying...read the archives"

"no you saw it...Brian following me into chat jsut to be annoying"

"Seriously...I see no point in his existence"

Wow. Maybe I could get Danoconda banned for 30 days for being offended by his pompous spewings.

Regards,
Brian

Brian 01-26-2006 07:21 PM

thibius hasn't.
el jefe emailed me the crap i posted above.

Regards,
Brian

MikeWaters 01-26-2006 08:05 PM

they should have a rule that says you can get a 30 day suspension "because I don't like you or your kind."

Seems sort of arbitrary.

Archaea 01-26-2006 08:14 PM

In person, Thibius isn't that unreasonable, but he appears to be very, very Pharisaic in regards to CB standards, and very arbitrary. Why is beyond me.

cougjunkie 01-26-2006 09:58 PM

I love how grape keeps saying Steve when referring to Jefe, i dont know why that makes me laugh. It could also be the picture of grapevine every time i read one of his posts.

I think IVV is a punk and a whiner. Talk about an annoying internet persona.

Robin 01-26-2006 10:08 PM

r.f.

Alkili 01-26-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin
I agre that Grape calling jeve 'Steve' is funny. But it is also CALCULATED. It makes me think that Grape is evil. Someone willing to do "Anything it takes to get into the Celestial Kingdom," sounds a little evil to me.

Or he feels important for knowing his name. Hey grape, I live just two blocks from him, I could even give you his address. Its just to bad that I like El jefe but I probably wouldn't give my worst enemies address to you.

RockyBalboa 01-27-2006 05:12 AM

I'll stick up for IVV......don't take his online persona too seriously.

I've boardmail with the guy quite a bit and from my "conversations" back and forth he's a really nice and cool guy.

Brian 01-27-2006 03:28 PM

yo rock.
el jefe claims you were offended by the randomness in chat the other day. If you were not, boardmail and tell him it's absurd to get 30 days for some silliness with IVV.

Regards,
Brian

RockyBalboa 01-27-2006 05:29 PM

El Jefe claimed that I was offended?! lol....I never ever said a word, reported abuse to him.

Zip, zero, nada, nothing. Are you sure Jefe was talking about me or someone else?

The only time I've ever reported anyone for abuse on Cougarboard is when a non-donor Ute troll was boardmailing me trying to get me to react about his slamming the temple ceremonies, and then one other time when a dickhead poster I knew was sneaking around with several different board identities and causing trouble. That's it.

Brian 01-27-2006 06:44 PM

Here is what El Jerk emailed me:
Read it and laugh.

================================================== ===========
Read the chat archives yourself. ALl of the others I mentioned were in
there during your random messages.

http://www.cougarboard.com/ftchat/ar...&m=1&d=24&h=20

Also, from my reading of the archives, IVV did seem to mind. Note these
comments by IVV, for example:

"me entering chat...and brian following...just so he can be
annoying...read the archives"

"no you saw it...Brian following me into chat jsut to be annoying"