cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hot Chocolate (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14661)

YOhio 12-05-2007 02:48 AM

Hot Chocolate

Stephen's has a fine hot chocolate I found at Sam's Club called Stephens Gourmet Candycane Cocoa. I recommend it to any HC lovers out there. Anybody else have any favorite Hot Chocolates?

Mormon Red Death 12-05-2007 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 159471)
Stephen's has a fine hot chocolate I found at Sam's Club called Stephens Gourmet Candycane Cocoa. I recommend it to any HC lovers out there. Anybody else have any favorite Hot Chocolates?

I agree Stephen's hot sipping cocoa is the best (they also have a factory in Utah)

marsupial 12-05-2007 03:15 AM

Pero and Postum are my hot drinks of choice.

YOhio 12-05-2007 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 159478)
Pero and Postum are my hot drinks of choice.

I've never had either. Do they taste like coffee?

ute4ever 12-05-2007 03:46 AM

Whatever kind they serve at Starbucks is the best. I assume it is a Starbucks brand?

TheSizzle36 12-05-2007 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YIndiana

The CandyCane Cocoa is a fine blend. They use real bits of Candy Cane in the cocoa. It is a nice blend of Cocoa and Candy Cane. I'd recommend it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 159472)
I agree Stephen's hot sipping cocoa is the best (they also have a factory in Utah)

They are headquartered in Utah.

FarrahWaters 12-05-2007 04:05 AM

I like the Godiva dark chocolate. There's also a good brand called Lake Champlain that sells a blend of dark chocolate mixed with spices like cayenne pepper.

I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard Schokinag extra dark drinking chocolate is good. I like my hot chocolate not too sweet, and very dark.

marsupial 12-05-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 159480)

They at least smell like coffee. I haven't tried actual coffee that I remember.

Sassy in RS 12-05-2007 02:13 PM

The darker the better.

mpfunk 12-05-2007 04:05 PM

The best is from a place in Portland called Cacao. You want to get a shot of either the dark drinking chocolate or the dark drinking chocolate with cayenne.

Mormon Red Death 12-07-2007 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 159497)
Whatever kind they serve at Starbucks is the best. I assume it is a Starbucks brand?

BOO! the very best hot chocolate you can buy is from Tim Horton's its the best thing about living so close to Canada

tooblue 12-07-2007 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 160401)
BOO! the very best hot chocolate you can buy is from Tim Horton's its the best thing about living so close to Canada

Indeed! Vive la Canada ... vive Tim Hortons!

YOhio 12-07-2007 03:26 AM

I like Tim Horton's. Their breakfast bagels are pretty good. I think all donuts are pretty overrated, but TH donuts aren't too bad. My kid likes the TimBits.

Surfah 12-07-2007 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 159480)

I don't like Postum but I like Pero very much. We used to give it to investigators to help them stop drinking coffee. I remember giving it to one guy who said it tasted great but he was so damn tired all day.

I like the Stephen's very much. The best I've ever had was from a member who gave us some home made cocoa mix in a mason jar for Christmas. It was very dark and rich. Sweet but not chocolaty.

marsupial 12-07-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 160458)
I don't like Postum but I like Pero very much. We used to give it to investigators to help them stop drinking coffee. I remember giving it to one guy who said it tasted great but he was so damn tired all day.

LOL. I haven't been able to find either here in MS. I don't mind hot cocoa so much, but I guess for the calories, I'd much rather eat my chocolate.

MikeWaters 12-07-2007 02:57 PM

I have both postum and pero. Which I mainly use to mix with natural vanilla bean ice cream.

Postum has a crystally texture, and is therefore crunchy when you mix it. Pero is a powder which mixes much more smoothly.

FWIW.

landpoke 12-07-2007 03:22 PM

I'm partial to Moonstruck Mexican Hot Cocoa. Some might say it's a bit spendy, but then I light my cigars with thousand dollar bills so I guess spendy is relative.
They're out of Portland also.